Just Shoot Me Now

by Kay~Kacey on 6/30/2008

For some reason…known only by, heck, I don’t know who…I decided to grow my hair out. I’m used to wearing it really short, and, well, perky. You can see a pic of it here on my about me page. :mrgreen: Go ahead and look, I’ll wait.

Okay, you back?

Really, am I just crazy or what? My hair is in that horrible stage now. Not short, not long. Not long enough to pull back. Kind of bangs, kind of not. Really, if you want to shoot me and put me out of my misery, that’d be great. WHY did I decide to grow it out? :wallbash:

front picture of haircut

The front is wonky. The bangs are too long to hang down, too short to push back. And for some reason, there is no body to the front of my hair. Well, and yes, thank you so much for mentioning it, you CAN see more gray hair when it’s grown out longer. The above shot is without spending hours on gel and curling irons. Just your basic push it behind my ears (so it doesn’t stick out at a REALLY funky length in front of my ears!) I can get some height/style to the front when I really work on it.

back of hair

Okay, I’m loving the back though. Kind of flippy, kind of curly. This is doing nothing but air dry and fluffing. I’m into easy. Love the back.

But of course most people see me from the front…

While we’re discussing all this, let’s talk about how hard it was for me to get these photos to show you. The things I do for you!

oops

Angling the camera to catch the back of my hair in the mirror was NOT an easy task. I made a few errors in judgment.

almost got it

Almost got it here. (as an aside, I adore Life is Good tshirts. Love them. Have a collection of them. And a coffee mug. Which I don’t like ’cause it’s really thick and hard to drink out of. But cute. And cute is important in my frustrated growing-out-my-hair life.)

not my hair

Where was I? Oh, this isn’t my hair either… :roll:

So how about showing me some support here. Tell me my hair WILL grow out. Give me some suggestions. My friend suggested drying my hair upside down. My haircut person has SWORN she won’t cut my hair until I give it 6 more months to grow out. (she’s been trimming it up as it grows though). So, should I bribe her and cut it back short? Or stick it out awhile longer? If I can. I’m not sure I’m that strong…

(don’t foget. Tonight at midnight, CST is the deadline to send me a link to your June Photo of the Month. Info here.)

Marcie June 30, 2008 at 6:37 am

Thanks for the reminder to send my photo-of-the-month. Hard to choose which photo to submit. All the photos on my blog have been taken this month.

Here is the link to my submission:

Mental P Mama June 30, 2008 at 6:46 am

I love the back, too! Try some little headbands for the time being…it will grow fast, and you’ll be putting those bangs behind your ears in no time! Or you could just cut it all off. Your call. :confused:

Blogarita June 30, 2008 at 6:58 am

I’ve been thinking of growing mine out, too. I wear it short and spiky now.

Maybe I’ll just wait and see how your grow-out goes first.

Amy June 30, 2008 at 6:59 am

Those hair, nails, and skin vitamins are supposed to help. I drink a potent amino acid formula each day, and I swear it’s the reason my hair and nails grow like crazy.

Be patient, dear K. You’ll have longer hair in no time. And Super Guy will love you in that in-between period!

Suzanne June 30, 2008 at 7:23 am

Hold out! Love that body in the back. It’ll be like that all over if you just give it some more time!

Treasia June 30, 2008 at 8:45 am

Love the back of your hair. Very cute. I too keep mine short and decided to let it grow out a couple of years ago. Fortunately for me mine grows really fast. In the meantime I like the idea of headbands used. Also blow dry upside down, use a big round brush when drying, use some root lift on the roots only and this should help a bunch.

mary June 30, 2008 at 8:57 am

Hey, it’s really cute in the back. Heck, it’s not bad in the front, either. Give it time. After all, it’s only hair. Most people get freaked out about getting it cut, and you are nervous about letting it grow… in the meantime, try the headbands, dry it upside down… I use Suave Volumizer Mousse, and it helps with shaping…

I’ll send the entry for June, as soon as I decide which one…
xoxo,
Mary

Mental P Mama June 30, 2008 at 10:09 am

By the way…here is the link to my June shot…my post yesterday. It is of the garden at the New York Yacht Club in Newport. A very beautiful place!

Shimmy Mom June 30, 2008 at 10:22 am

I like it! I think you should keep growing it out. The back looks great. I think the front looks fine and if you can curl it or use gel to get a little body I bet it looks as good as the back. Stay strong, you can do it!
I am most impressed that you were able to take your own “Hair” pictures! Such talent!!

Amy June 30, 2008 at 10:26 am

The back is darling.

Keep letting it grow! The middle stage is the toughest, but it will be worth it in the end. In six months, you won’t recognize yourself.

:rofl: on the trials of taking the pictures. Love the upside down one.

MamáChanga June 30, 2008 at 11:07 am

I have absolutely NO advice on hair, mine is always worn back in a ponytail these days. I would like to give you KUDOS on an amazingly clean mirror, those shots are GREAT!!

carol June 30, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Well OK, two years ago I decided to STOP dyeing my hair and be a fab grey lady. I SUFFERED for over a year being a two tone skunk, almost got there and looked in the mirror one day and said “What was I thinking”! Called my hair person and said enough, make this go away…..so, its about the journey and you can turn back any time, and YES the back looks fab…..give it six months!!!!

Tori Lennox June 30, 2008 at 1:08 pm

I’m afraid I’m suffering from the opposite problem. I need a haircut in the worst way. I hate my hair long. Especially when it’s in that in-between stage when it’s too short to pull back but just long enough to be really annoying.

BearNaked June 30, 2008 at 6:06 pm

I like it.
And it is true about drying it upside down to give it more volume.
Try it and if you don’t like the look you can just wet it again and dry it your normal way.

Kate June 30, 2008 at 6:24 pm

What an impressive post. I don’t think your hair is in an awful stage and of course, the back is perfect. I like it short, though. What a feat, photographing yourself front and back. Very interesting!

Michelle Willingham June 30, 2008 at 7:37 pm

My hair stylist cut my bangs in a layered style that helped me push them to the side while they were growing out. It made it easier than messing with headbands and barrettes.

Connie June 30, 2008 at 8:03 pm

I had short hair like you for 20 years and then about 2 years ago when I broke my ankle and my hairdresser moved 1/2 hour away I couldn’t drive that far for weeks. Now my hair is past my shoulders. I love it. I don’t think I will ever go back to short hair. I’m lucky that I don’t much grey. Besides everyone tells me they mistake me for my 20 year old daughter. Oh yeah I’ll keep the hair long.

MAYBELLINE June 30, 2008 at 10:00 pm

Why do you want to grow your hair out? You’re so slender. You can carry short hair. On the other hand, I look like a man when my hair is short.

Flea June 30, 2008 at 11:35 pm

Let it grow! I love the flippy back! But I also love long hair. When’s the last time yours was long? If you trust your stylist, go with it.

Love the Life is Good. But you’re right about their mugs.

Jenna July 1, 2008 at 3:17 pm

The great thing about hair is — It will grow back! My hair grows really slow but I’m in the process of growing mine out : ] (it seems like it is taking forever!)

By the way — I think it looks cute! :mrgreen:

Meg July 7, 2008 at 7:51 am

I LOVE it! I think it looks great! I cut mine off six times in the last year and now, guess what? I am growing it back…sigh…I am never happy. I really like yours though, the back looks sooooooo cute!!!