Tricking Your Mom

by Kay~Kacey on 7/3/2008

Sometimes playing tricks on your mom isn’t the nicest thing to do, now is it?

So a few years ago we were on a family vacation. You know, me and 6 males…. :shock: In Estes Park….which I love and adore. :love: Anyway, in order to up the female count, I invited a good friend of mine’s daughter to join us for a few days. The boys had grown up vacationing with my friends’ family, but my friend and her family had moved to Colorado. I love and adore her kids, and one daughter was free to come up to Estes for a few days. So of course I jumped at inviting her. I ALWAYS enjoy females along on our vacations!

Anyway, back to the story. The Photography One and Good Friend’s Daughter head into town. They show up later. Looking sheepish. Then I notice The Photography One has a bandage on his arm. With a small spot of blood. Not one to over react…much :wink: I’m like “Oh. My. Gosh!!! What happened???” I notice TEARS in his eyes. What is that peeking out of the bandage?? What the heck? Is that a TATTOO poking out of the edge of the bandage?! Then Good Friend’s Daughter turns around and there is a TATTOO on her back. They are both keeping their distance from me…

I’m thinking:
1) Good Friend is going to KILL me. Look what I let her baby do!
2) They did a crappy job on the tattoos
3) I’m so dead.
4) This is a tourist town. Oh. My. Gosh. Germs. Disease! Blood!
5) Good Friend is going to KILL ME DEAD.

I get ready to launch into my “how can you be this irresponsible” speech. Coupled with “your mother is going to kill you.” When, all of a sudden, I realize they are both crying…only….it’s from laughing so hard.

So I look again. Getting a bit closer to The Photography One. Feeling sure of myself I smack The Photography One right on his arm on his bandage. Yep. Just as I suspected. A temporary tattoo. (ketchup on the bandage).

The jerks!! I was not amused. Okay, so I did laugh after the fact. Kind of. After I calmed down with a beverage of choice. Or two. So do your kids ever play pranks on you? Stupid Male Tricks… :roll:
male tricks

Mental P Mama July 3, 2008 at 6:21 am

Dear. Lord. I don’t know if I would survive that! :cursing:

iPost July 3, 2008 at 6:58 am

Ha! Brilliant. I think I will use that on my hubby. He doesn’t like tattoos! :lol: Luckily my hubby has never pulled something like that and my son is still a bit too young to be that creative! I am sure I will be in for it one day :crazy2:

Amy July 3, 2008 at 7:05 am

My younger son constantly plays tricks on me. I’ll miss that in the coming year of the empty nest. Eight years ago, I pulled one over on the guys when I revealed a tattoo on my shoulder (a 40th b-day gift to myself … so out of character), and they thought it was a henna tattoo. Alas, it’s the real deal. They were shocked for days.

Michelle Willingham July 3, 2008 at 7:20 am

You should get a magnetic nose ring. You know, payback. :rofl:

BearNaked July 3, 2008 at 10:41 am

Great story.
Love the fact that you were so concerned about *good friend* :grin:

MAYBELLINE July 3, 2008 at 10:57 am

Wow! Thanks for the conversation idea. This will be a fun discussion over the 4th. :argue:

Shimmy Mom July 3, 2008 at 11:14 am

I got my father-in-law with a temporary tattoo. I’m am seriously scared for when my kids get old enough to pull tricks off. (Right now they’re still young enough that I see through them, but they try.- I’m in trouble.)

Tori Lennox July 3, 2008 at 11:21 am

Yet another reason I’m glad I don’t have kids. *g*

Amy July 3, 2008 at 11:56 am

:rofl:

That was a good one. I won’t be sharing it with my kids, becuase, you know, I don’t need that kind of grief!

LoryKC July 3, 2008 at 1:44 pm

I’m with Amy up there–good one but I will not be sharing it with my family!
My kids TRY. They’re 10, 7 and 8 months so they’re not great at it yet but the pranks are looming… :roll:

WillThink4Wine July 3, 2008 at 7:12 pm

I don’t care you are, that’s funny!

annbb/TSannie July 3, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Amnesia works well…very well. That’s what I claim when my kids bring certain things up.