Life in Focus-Daylily

by Kay~Kacey on 7/5/2008

orange daylily

I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. ~Claude Monet

I’m with Monet…perhaps I owe having become a photographer to flowers…

Or clouds. Or reflections

Suzanne July 5, 2008 at 7:34 am

I wanna know how you got the black background?? very cool shot!

Kacey July 5, 2008 at 7:39 am

The black background was just some deep shade behind the daylily and my awesome zoom lens. This shot is just straight out of the camera, with a bit of sharpening for the web.

Michelle Willingham July 5, 2008 at 7:53 am

Gorgeous picture! You really have a knack for photography. :)

Diane@A Picture is Worth July 5, 2008 at 8:55 am

Very nice pic! Your site is an inspiration to me….I love taking pics!

Treasia July 5, 2008 at 10:02 am

Beautiful picture.

Tori Lennox July 5, 2008 at 11:00 am

I love that photo!!! I’ve discovered I apparently have trouble keeping the camera still. I finally loaded my most recent batch of pictures on the computer and they’re all just a tad fuzzy. And my old tripod won’t work with my digital camera. So I either need to find a new tripod or find a new doohickey that holds the camera ON the tripod (the screw that goes into the bottom of the camera is too big).

Mental P Mama July 5, 2008 at 11:04 am

Beautiful as always! :razz:

Shimmy Mom July 5, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Me too! This one is beautiful.

Kate July 5, 2008 at 2:01 pm

Ah, nicely done. A zoom lens, eh? Veddy good.

BearNaked July 5, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Just beautiful.
Whenever I see day lilies it reminds me of my daughter.
When she was young she called them dilly-dallies. :lol:

Amy July 5, 2008 at 5:24 pm

I love my zoom lens….BUT I run into problems with auto-focus, it tens to miss what I want to focus on (which is why a lot of my kids’ gymnastics pics are a bit blurry), but my eyesight is such that I can’t always tell if it’s in focus.

Beautiful picture.

You’ve really inspired me to take more picutres and play with my camera.

annbb/TSannie July 5, 2008 at 5:29 pm