Wedding Rings

by Kay~Kacey on 7/10/2008

wedding rings

I love this photograph.

I love this man.

I love these rings. So simple. White gold because I’m a silver jewelry type girl. As SuperGuy knows if he screws up. (#5 on my list of why I’m nuts about SuperGuy)

SuperGuy’s ring is scuffed up because he rarely takes it off…and he does a lot of yard work and woodworking with it on. I love how his looks. Worn. Comfortable. Mine is more shiny, but that’s because I’m such a delicate woman :rofl: (and, yes, this picture was taken by the swiped borrowed carefully checked out before given to my son macro lens, why do you ask??)

So what does your wedding ring look like? Do you wear one? Does your spouse? Anyone want to post a picture of their ring on their blog? If so, add a link here in the comments.

Mental P Mama July 10, 2008 at 6:43 am

Kacey, that is a fantastic photo. So real.

Michelle Willingham July 10, 2008 at 6:48 am

Mine’s yellow gold with a solitaire. My wedding band is 11 channel-set diamonds, and I love both of them. My husband often takes his off when he’s working out or doing stuff. He and my dad aren’t big on wedding bands, for whatever reason.

Amy July 10, 2008 at 6:56 am

Touching and lovely photo! I took my rings off a few months after my husband’s death 15 years ago. They remain in my jewelry box. I’ll probably take the diamond and have it fashioned into a necklace for my new granddaughter.

Blogarita July 10, 2008 at 8:00 am

Love your photo!

I played but my photos are nothing compared to yours.

Blogarita July 10, 2008 at 8:01 am

Not sure why the link won’t work in my comment. Here it is again:

angie July 10, 2008 at 8:13 am

I love this photo too. I was a silver ring girl before my husband (fiance then) picked out a gold ring for me! lol. And nothing is more precious than two loving hands and their wedding bands.

Amy July 10, 2008 at 8:28 am

Our rings are yellow gold, flat, thick bands. They have engraving that looks like angled stripes…. three thin, one thick, all the way around the ring. Unfortunately the engraving makes resizing difficult, so I haven’t worn mine since baby #2 came along…. it’s only been NINE YEARS and I’ve yet to lose the baby weight.

Sigh.

carol July 10, 2008 at 10:21 am

Aside from the incredible pic, thank you for just saying “I love this man”. I have been alone for a very long time, and I know that somewhere out there is a man who will literally be the frosting on the cake of my life. Congratulations to both of you for for finding and knowing………

Rene July 10, 2008 at 10:39 am

I wear a bridal set my then-fiance surprised me with when he proposed at the beach 15 years ago. It’s pretty simple with a nice sized diamond which catches on all my clothes. I rarely (because I usually can’t) take it off. Hubby has a plain gold band he never takes off. It is so beat up and misshapen. I like that look as well. I think he does too. Certain comfort in seeing those rings at the end of the day.

Oh, I’ll post a picture…after I get my manicure.

Lynellen July 10, 2008 at 10:41 am

I love white gold too. I have my original wedding ring, a white gold band with a sapphire main stone and some little diamonds on the side, plus an anniversary set that is white gold bands with square & bagette diamonds.

Shimmy Mom July 10, 2008 at 11:06 am

Lovely photo! I’ll join in the fun. I’ll post tomorrow. (Friday) I wear a wedding ring. I rarely take it off and feel naked when I do. My hubby doesn’t wear his though. In the military they recommended that the guys not wear one, due to the job they did. Then one day a fellow team mate slipped on the ship and his ring caught on some rigging. The accident was an ugly one and hubby hasn’t worn a ring since. I don’t understand. I’d rather have him in one piece.

Treasia July 10, 2008 at 11:51 am

Beautiful picture Kacey and love the bands. Like you I am more into silver or white gold than yellow gold anyday. Thanks to for the reminder on tomorrow’s blog post. Check my blog tomorrow cause that’s what I’ll post about along with pictures of ours.

annbb/TSannie July 10, 2008 at 11:53 am

I need to get mine sized (sigh). My knuckles are increasing – rings role around once they get past the knuckle. Hubby has a ring and the last time he wore it was on our wedding day. He just doesn’t like jewelry of any kind.

Lovely picture!

Tori Lennox July 10, 2008 at 12:48 pm

Not being married, I don’t have a wedding ring. *g*

Melissa Marsh July 10, 2008 at 12:50 pm

Kacey – I love the simple bands. I’ve always thought they were so lovely and really represented what a marriage is.

My husband lost his wedding ring. GAH. He has searched everywhere for it! He works with machinery a lot, so he doesn’t wear it except for when he’s NOT working (which is not very often!).

My wedding band is nothing fancy – a gold ring with three diamonds down the front (it almost looks like a marquis diamond until you look close and see that there are three individual diamonds) and three diamonds on each side of that.

Suzanne July 10, 2008 at 1:50 pm

I love that picture. You should frame it!

Diane@A Picture is Worth July 10, 2008 at 7:34 pm

That is a priceless photo…and your thoughts on it even more so!

mary July 10, 2008 at 8:01 pm

A beautiful photo and a beautiful post, Kacey!

bonggamom July 11, 2008 at 8:44 am

Love the photo, great use of the macro lens. Like you, I prefer silver to gold — my wedding ring is a platinum band with a few small diamonds on it and my husband’s is a plain platinum and gold band.

tangobaby August 22, 2008 at 1:16 pm

Lovely image and post (Found you through SS).