Expert Packing

by Kay~Kacey on 7/17/2008

In an effort to keep SuperGuy happy cut back on the luggage we’re bringing on our trip to San Francisco…

camera case backpack

I got this cool camera/laptop backpack. (notice the unique twist on my shopping. I bought it for ME, to keep SuperGuy happy. I’m getting good at this game :mrgreen: ) Yes, I can carry my camera and my laptop in one bag. My MacBook will slip into the padded sleeve on the back. I’m just a tiny bit addicted to buying camera and laptop bags. Just a bit. I really want this camera bag from Tracy Joy for just a knock around bring just a lens or so bag. I could stuff my wallet and cell phone in there and be all set. You can even choose the fabric you want for the flap. And get extra flaps. :love: Very cool.

zoom lens

Oh, back to my new camera/laptop backpack… It will even work with my zoom lens attached to my Canon 40D body. The only drawback is that I won’t get to bring my cute laptop case. :cry:

floral laptop case But then, SuperGuy won’t carry the pink laptop case, and I’m sure he’ll help with the backpack, so it’s all good.

sharing a suitcase

And….here’s a BIG surprise. We are sharing one suitcase. See this? I’m only using half of it. Really. Honest. So now we’ll only have to pay the fee to ship one suitcase through. Don’t get me started on that new airline rule $$… But SuperGuy is happy, and that’s the important thing, right?? Right?? (I’m just a little freaked about packing so little for 5 days…)

sarah bean July 17, 2008 at 6:50 am

half a suitcase. :shock:
i really don’t know what to say.
um, at least your children are no longer of an age to smear snot and nutella over you 25 times a day, so you can get by with less changes?
yeah. well the pink and green laptop case is sooo cute! and the new bag is very styley ;)
have fun!

Tori Lennox July 17, 2008 at 9:21 am

I love your new laptop/camera bag!!! Too bad it doesn’t come in pink, though.

MAYBELLINE July 17, 2008 at 9:30 am

BULLETIN: We have lovely stores in San Francisco. You are super slick. Now you WILL have to go shopping.

Kate July 17, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Hey, that Tracy Joy bag is nice. I can see why you’re lusting after it. I wish I’d seen it before I’d gotten my new Crumpley, but I like the Crumpley as well. (Not as pretty, though).

You don’t need much for 5 days. You can do it. I packed a bag this small for 2 weeks and did it.

Love your new camera/laptop combo.

Suzanne July 17, 2008 at 3:48 pm

Ooh, I love that Tracy Joy bag! Your new laptop/camera combo bag is nice, too!

annbb/TSannie July 17, 2008 at 10:29 pm

There is simply no way I could share a suitcase with GB. You are a much better gal than me! Can hardly wait to hear how the weekend is!

Amy A July 18, 2008 at 10:52 am

Great laptop/camera bag. If only they made one big enough for the 17″ laptop. That’s been my problem.

Kudos to you for sharing a suitcase. You want to spend your time lugging around a camera, not lugging around a suitcase, right?

Have a great time!