Carmel Competition

by Kay~Kacey on 7/18/2008

So we fly into San Francisco…and immediately head out for a few days in Carmel. Driving down Highway 1 down the coast. So of course we stop and take a few photos along the way…

california coast line
okay, more than a few photos. More like tons of them.
flower on coast

And some more of them.

kacey taking pictures

Then it got ugly. The competition was on.

SuperGuy taking photos

Who could get the best photo? Kacey or SuperGuy?

lighthouse

There was the lighthouse competition… And the Bird of Paradise competition…

bird of paradise

Kacey’s Bird of Paradise

out of focus bird of paradise

SuperGuy’s Bird of Paradise.

Go ahead and vote. Who do you think won the best Bird of Paradise photo? Yes, SuperGuy knocked his camera out of auto focus. Yes, again:rofl:

Really, SuperGuy is tough. He can take it. Who do you think took a better Bird of Paradise photo??

Amy July 18, 2008 at 7:00 am

You win the Bird of Paradise competition hands down!

Treasia July 18, 2008 at 9:09 am

Sorry Super Guy but Kacey got you on this one. Hands down.

Melissa Marsh July 18, 2008 at 9:31 am

I gotta give the vote to you, Kacey. But kudos to SuperGuy for trying! :mrgreen:

MAYBELLINE July 18, 2008 at 9:42 am

I don’t know. Super Guy’s version seems to tell a story in drought riddled California. Seems like those old birds are looking for the hose hiding under the bench.

While in San Francisco, you might enjoy photographing the Palace of Fine Arts. Hope you have time to see all you want to see while you’re here.

Tori Lennox July 18, 2008 at 9:47 am

Well, apologies to SuperGuy, but you definitely took the better bird of paradise picture. :)

Beckynsc July 18, 2008 at 10:09 am

Well, you definitely won!
Isn’t a little friendly competition so much fun!
Good try SG!

Amy July 18, 2008 at 10:49 am

Oh, Super Guy took a better bird of paradise picture. Absolutely. He should get you a MACRO LENS to make up for it. Really. A MACRO LENS. Doesn’t he know how fragile you are? How a MACRO LENS would help you take better bird of paradise pictures? He should go get you a MACRO LENS right now.

:secret: (okay, you really took the better picture, but I’m trying to get you a Macro Lens, here, work with me…)

Kate July 18, 2008 at 11:27 am

Oh, it’s you, hands down.

What I want to know is who took the 2nd picture in this post. That one is just perfect. I think it’s my favorite!

When I opened this, I actually gasped out loud! I love the beach.

Shimmy Mom July 18, 2008 at 12:28 pm

LOL, that’s why we only take one camera on trips, so the competitions don’t happen. Don’t worry Super Guy, I believe you got some good ones too!

carol in Reno July 18, 2008 at 1:11 pm

I am so homesick now. Enjoy every moment, keep up the pics, even SuperGuy who a little sideways…. its OK SuperGuy, we appreciate the effort…..

Kacey July 18, 2008 at 2:33 pm

AMY!! :rofl: Keep working it girl! You might talk him into gettin me a macro lens yet!

Kate, I took all the photos except the out of focus Bird of Paradise. Well, and the picture of me taking pictures. :wink: I was kind of pleased with that second photo too.

You don’t EVEN want to know how many photos we’ve taken between us…

annbb/TSannie July 18, 2008 at 2:45 pm

I’m not sayin’! Have a grand old time!

dlyn July 18, 2008 at 3:39 pm

It is so difficult to decide…

Suzanne July 18, 2008 at 8:33 pm

Now I’m feeling sorry for poor SuperGuy. He took a fabulous picture. ::pat pat::