BlogHer Conference 08

by Kay~Kacey on 7/20/2008

Truly an amazing conference. I knew not ONE person at the conference when I showed up. I KNOW, but I so wanted to come anyway. I wish some of you could have been here with me. We would have had so much fun, a few drinks, lots of laughs. Maybe next year. But I met like a TON of bloggers!

It was at the Westin St. Francis on Union Square.

union square

Really, I love this shot. The old fashioned sculpture and the neon bright ipod billboard. Such is the eclectic mix in San Francisco!
Westin St. Francis

SuperGuy and I stayed in the older part of the Westin St. Francis. The “historic part.” Well, we loved it. But then we try and say in older boutique hotels when we travel anyway.

private elevator

Look, I even had my own private elevator with my own private elevator man! Now that is service! Isn’t he handsome? :love: I’m ashamed to admit I hit on him! (I do NOT know why no one else seemed to know about this elevator tucked in at the end of the hall in the old section. It let us out right outside the door to our room. Sweet.)

And the swag! Look at THIS. A bluetooth headset from Zivio. The “beta” version. Not quite for sale yet. So much nicer than my motorola headset that drives me nuts. (no, they did not pay me to say this!)

zivio bluetooth headset

There were some sharp companies there. Knowing that they were targeting a ready made market. Ones comfortable with technology and ready to talk about it. Agencies that represented clients looking to partner with bloggers to reach their markets. A variety of speakers on every topic imaginable regarding blogging. Oh, and a photography for bloggers workshop! Really, I’m just about overwhelmed with blogging thoughts and ideas for my blog running rampage through my over loaded brain. I’ll be sure and tell you more as my brain settles down…and I get some sleep!

Mental P Mama July 20, 2008 at 6:51 am

I am going next year! I was very curious about the panel on midlife bloggers…

Kristie July 20, 2008 at 10:00 am

It was lovely to meet you here at BlogHer! I’m still bitter that the wireless dude wouldn’t give me a headset because I wouldn’t sit through his 20 minute speal AGAIN. But i hope you enjoy yours! :razz:

Tori Lennox July 20, 2008 at 12:19 pm

I am SOOOOO jealous!!! And I hope you took more pictures at the St. Francis than what you posted here. I need them for research. *g*

annbb/TSannie July 20, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Sounds like it was well worth your time! Nice!

Shimmy Mom July 20, 2008 at 6:04 pm

I’m so glad that you had a good time, and jealous that I wasn’t there. Travel home safe!

Kacey July 20, 2008 at 7:07 pm

How many typos can I make in one post when I’m exhausted??

Kate July 21, 2008 at 12:11 am

Typos? Quat typso? I didn’t see any typos?

Really, though. It sounds like so much fun. Maybe we should all go next year.

T@SendChocolate July 24, 2008 at 4:43 pm

That’s an awesome shot of the billboard and sculpture. Absolutely captures San Francisco, one of my favorite cities, ever.

I missed out on the bluetooth headset, since I was dealing with food poisoning the first morning. Sad thing is, I went in and got a Leapfrog water bottle, which was right next door, but was so sick I had to leave again.

T.