Portulaca Paradise

by Kay~Kacey on 7/22/2008

Yes, we’re finally in portulaca paradise around here…

portulaca flower box

SuperGuy started these flowers from seed in our flower boxes on the backdeck. So far, only this one box has decided to grow and bloom… :roll:

yellow portulaca

I have suggested…repeatedly, that maybe we should just go out and buy some nice petunias to plant in the other flower boxes. To no avail.

pink portulaca

Though these few portulaca are quite lovely. See this pretty pink portulaca. (oh, hey, say pretty pink portulaca 3 times fast! :lol: )

At this rate the summer will be over, and I’ll still have bare flower boxes on the back deck. Except for this one little trooper.

Mental P Mama July 22, 2008 at 6:18 am

They really are such happy and sweet flowers. Can’t wait to hear more about BlogHer!

Diane@A Picture is Worth July 22, 2008 at 9:09 am

They are really beautiful flowers and your pictures are great.
Diane

Treasia July 22, 2008 at 9:42 am

I love those flowers. I always called them moss roses for some reason. If memory serves me correctly my ex husband’s grandmother told me that was there name. It took me many years to realize it wasn’t. :lol:

Suzanne July 22, 2008 at 3:51 pm

Aren’t they also called moss rose? I’ve heard that, too.

Kate July 23, 2008 at 1:21 pm

I said it three times really fast and had no problem. However, after one of those martini’s that Super Guy makes, I may end up having trouble with that one.

Too bad I’ll never get one of those martini’s, but honestly, Kacey, these are beautiful!

The previous farm manager who lived in our house left a pathetic little portulaca on the front porch. It was nearly dead, but I brought it back to life with (get this, you won’t believe this magic elixir) water. And needless to say, it’s thriving (sort of) now. I’m having some problems with the use of my parentheses, but don’t mind me.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kacey July 23, 2008 at 2:00 pm

Kate, it’s great that you’re back in the world on internet access again! How come water isn’t helping my other flower boxes of portulaca??

Of course you could say that 3 times fast…I’ve always said you’re talented. How about having a happy hour, then trying to say it?? :beer:

Flea July 24, 2008 at 8:45 pm

I LOVE moss rose! I’ve planted them all along the edges of my front beds and they bloom happily all day!