RWA Conference

by Kay~Kacey on 7/29/2008

I know, you’re thinking, there she goes talking about a conference again. Only I’m not going to this one. It’s the Romance Writers of America’s conference in San Francisco this week. Yes, I’m aware I was just in San Francisco last week. Why, oh why, did these two conferences not line up back to back? Why can’t I get a new iPhone? Why is the internet down at the apartment??

Oh, sorry, I digressed.

Most of you know…well, I guess you know, that I write fiction. I’ve tried my hand at womens fiction, romance, and suspense. Been submitting and trying to sell for quite the number of years. Anyway, because this is the first RWA conference I’ve missed in years and years I’m going to stalk the bloggers and twitterers talking about the conference. So I thought I’d put up a page that will have all the gossip and links to blog posts about RWA 08 from around the blogosphere (still love that word).

Hopefully that will keep this daily blog and my writing obsession separate for my regular readers. There’s a link in my sidebar to my RWA Conference page where I’ll post the update links to blog posts, gossip, and links to photos.

I’ll be living the conference vicariously this year. Searching through blogs and doing this:

twitter search

Did you know you could search twitter?

Mental P Mama July 29, 2008 at 5:59 am

I had no idea you could search twitter! That’s just great…more fuel for my addiction;)

Kate July 29, 2008 at 6:46 am

I feel so out of it. I don’t do Twitter. I may have to check this out.
:coffee2:

Amy July 29, 2008 at 6:54 am

You’ll notice I deleted my Facebook account. I really had no reason for it (Its original purpose was to see who my son’s friends are!). I could never do Twitter. I’m just not into sharing my every move. Then, again, I bare my soul in a few blogs a week!

iPost July 29, 2008 at 7:59 am

I friended you on Facebook…Tracey Waugh Grumbach, so you know who in the world I am! (iPost)

Chesapeake Bay Woman July 29, 2008 at 8:50 am

I am so far behind I am not even sure I know what twitter is. Sad but true. I guess I need to start figuring this stuff out.

Dru July 29, 2008 at 10:02 am

I didn’t know you can do searches on twitter. Now I’m going to go and play search.

Looking forward to reading about the RWA conferences.

dlyn July 29, 2008 at 10:02 am

You convinced me – I am Twittering on my blog now. Everyone knows that I am making pickled dill bean today. :mrgreen:

Suzanne July 29, 2008 at 10:18 am

Great idea to do a page on RWA blog posts!

I didn’t know you could search Twitter…. Cool!

Meg July 29, 2008 at 11:51 am

I’m just wondering if the RWA drink as much as those Bloghers. Of course, I don’t need a conference for an excuse to drink.

mary July 29, 2008 at 1:40 pm

The hell with twitter, why didn’t I know that you write books?! That is so cool!
xoxo,
Mary

Kacey July 29, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Kate, yes, do check out twitter!

Mary, I don’t know why you didn’t know I’m a writer. Guess ’cause I don’t talk about it very much on the blog.

Meg…LOL, I think the RWA women probably outdrink the Blogher women. At least the ones I hang out with do :cool:

Melissa Marsh July 29, 2008 at 4:12 pm

Oh Kacey! I thought for sure you’d be going since you go every year.

But as long as you’re still writing… :grin: