Life in Focus-Reflecting on Life

by Kay~Kacey on 7/30/2008

reflections

“Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many – not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some”
~ Charles Dickens

It’s been a long week (okay, a long year) of lots of crappy stuff happening. I need to focus on the simple things in life, the good stuff. I need to remember there IS a lot of good stuff. Like my adorable son here–The Impish One (who needs some chapstick, doesn’t he??)…picture taken by The Geeky One. Who knew he knew how to use a camera???

Don’t forget! Last chance to send in your photo for July’s Photo of the Month Contest!

Kate July 30, 2008 at 7:01 am

I can relate to lots of crappy stuff happening, as can everyone who reads your post, I’m sure! And yes, your son needs some Chapstick! But since you didn’t take the picture, I’ll forgive you this time.

I hope that whatever is troubling y ou gets resolved. You have lots of love in your life. And that’s a sentence with a lot of L’s. And I really don’t mean to downplay, in any way, whatever it is that may have you down.

Take care, Kacey! I think we should have our own BlogHer Conference, don’t you? ha! :wink:

Mental P Mama July 30, 2008 at 8:02 am

I hope sunny skies are heading your way… :razz:

annbb/TSannie July 30, 2008 at 8:54 am

Blue skies, Kacey, blue skies.

mary July 30, 2008 at 11:33 am

Hang in there, Kacey. Better days will come. Love the photo, btw. You have some talented and very handsome kids!
xoxo,
Mary

dlyn July 30, 2008 at 11:48 am

Sorry for the crappy stuff – great photo of some of the good stuff. Nothing better than seeing grown kids enjoy one another.

Treasia July 30, 2008 at 12:21 pm

For every crappy thing imagine getting good things back in two fold.

Tori Lennox July 30, 2008 at 1:45 pm

Oh Lord. This year has been awful!!!

I’d enter the picture I posted on my blog yesterday but I took it back in May. :smile:

colleen July 30, 2008 at 5:07 pm

Hi is cute. I love the world of reflection. It’s like indirect like poetry. Here’s my Red, White, and Blue shot. I call it “Stars and Stripes.” It was not posed and I didn’t notice until later how 4th of July it looked. Let me know if you need a bigger image.

Suzanne July 30, 2008 at 5:33 pm

He is Very cute! And he Very much needs chapstick, LOL.

Christine July 31, 2008 at 2:38 pm

OH man! I can relate! It has been a long year! I teeter back and forth from being positive and counting my blessings to pity party city. I agree with Kate… we should have our own BlogHer conf.! =)

Chere July 31, 2008 at 9:09 pm

:beer: Here’s to you. Hope happy days are coming your way. You son is so cute. He looks to be around 15-17. Love the sun glasses. Don’t you just love it when you accidently photograph something that you did not realize was happening. Have a great day tomorrow.