He’s So Proud Of Me!

by Kay~Kacey on 7/31/2008

So my iPhone rings. (I told you I’m in love with all things techie!)

The Geeky One: “Mom?”

Me: “Hi, Favorite Son.”

The Geeky One: “I’m so impressed.”

Me: “Hm.” (you know, like I know what the heck he’s talking about.) “Really?”

The Geeky One: “You’re on TWITTER.”

Me: “Oh, that.” (like it’s nothing that I figured out the maze that is twitter!).

The Geeky One: “I’m proud of you. And I’m following you now….”

(is it a good thing for your kids to follow you on twitter? Hm…maybe I should follow HIM…)

twitterrific on iPhone

Then he proceeded to explain to me how to take a picture with my iPhone and use twitterrific (free ap for the iPhone or $14.95 on the Mac) to post the pic to Twitpic. Does that kind of make your head spin? Me too!

Anyway, I have arrived! Just ask my son. :rofl:

following on twitter on the iPhone

Yes, go ahead and follow me on twitter. If you need help setting up a twitter account, or using twitter, just drop a comment here and I’ll see if I can help you. ‘Cause, you know, I must be doing something right…my son is impressed with his mom!. :love:

Suzette July 31, 2008 at 8:41 am

I’m going to have to sit down with my kid and have her explain some things to me. I kinda sorta know what Twitter is, but I just NOW started blogging. So, maybe I’m not ready. Baby steps. Baby steps.

Congratulations, BTW. It takes a lot to impress young people! :)

Cheryl St.John July 31, 2008 at 9:09 am

Here’s a conference blog

Amy July 31, 2008 at 12:37 pm

Twitter has been getting a lot of press recently. I don’t know, Kacey … I deleted my Facebook account (as you probably noticed), because I want some privacy. Mixed feelings on this end!

Christine July 31, 2008 at 2:40 pm

I haven’t joined the twitter crowd… I can barely keep up with the few things I do now! LOL I can imagine getting lost for hours there, too. :lol:

Suzanne July 31, 2008 at 2:47 pm

You ARE so techie! I didn’t know anything about pics on twitter!

Mental P Mama July 31, 2008 at 8:17 pm

I’m twitter addict. True story. :typing:

Leslie July 31, 2008 at 10:06 pm

I am following you but just can’t seem to get the hang of Twitter. I know to post the short statement as to what I am doing but then what????

annbb/TSannie July 31, 2008 at 10:34 pm

OK, how did you do that? I’m a twitter wannabe. Just ask Mental P.

Flea August 1, 2008 at 1:36 am

Check you out! But I was already following you. :)

Kacey August 1, 2008 at 7:03 am

Leslie, as you follow more people, you’ll see more of what is going on with everyone. If there are topics that interest you, search twitter and find people that talk about those topics and follow them. There might be a twitter account for your local newspaper or TV station. There’s CNN for breaking news. I’m keeping up on the Romance Writer’s Conference through twitter.