YouYou Meme part two

by Kay~Kacey on 8/5/2008

Once again I want to link out to some fabulous bloggers I’ve met either IRL (in real life) or online. So it’s time for another youyou meme. When it’s all about you, not me. (I know, amazing, huh?) My last youyou meme if you want to check out some other cool sites.

Morningside Mom. I found her when I was out looking for people going to BlogHer. Never did get to meet her in person though. Check out her post on Blogging Karma. Excellent.
**********
Gwen Bell. She was on a panel at a workshop at BlogHer. I have her to thank…I think :wink: …for my current twitter addiction. I had a Twitter account before, but I couldn’t seem to jump in and “get it.” Now I do. Twitter on my desktop, my laptop, my iPhone. Twitter R Us. Anyway, Gwen was very encouraging about hopping right in on Twitter.

Her blog is filled with information and links to very interesting people. She’s a Kirtsy editor too. I don’t know what else to say, except she is very giving woman. Of her time and her talent. Funny too!

***********

Mental Pause Mama from the Mental Pause Chronicles. Yes, I’m sure most of you know her already, but just in case. Go visit her! She’s funny, honest, great photos…and has a way of sometimes stating the obvious in words that makes me spit my wine on my keyboard. We are so on the same wave length!

************

Velma from A Smeddling Kiss. I met her at BlogHer. Yes, in person. She has a funny, poignant blog about life. From living with her oncologist husband and her clever comments about her kids…to general thoughts on life. If you’re on twitter? Follow her. Velma. She cracks me up.

************

So hop over and visit these bloggers. If you’re inspired to do a youyou meme of your own, drop back by here and leave a link to your youyou meme post. Or leave a link to a blog you want to share here in the comments.

flower in carmel
I’m pretty sure I could actually make myself do a post without a photo. Probably. When we went on our side trip to Carmel before BlogHer, we found the town covered in these beautiful flowers.

Mental P Mama August 5, 2008 at 6:53 am

Well aren’t you so sweet?? Thanks for the props, and I can’t wait to visit those new names! :coffee2:

Suzette August 5, 2008 at 8:22 am

Just found some new favorites! Thanks for sharing.

And I love the flowers. Whatever they are, they’re just gorgeous. You captured them beautifully.

Caroline August 5, 2008 at 11:32 am

Aw thanks for the shout-out Kacey! You rock! I’m also excited to read some new bloggers too…

Suzanne August 5, 2008 at 9:10 pm

That’s a great idea! And beautiful blue flowers, too!

Chere August 5, 2008 at 9:20 pm

They color of this flower is just unspeakable. It is the most amazing color of blue. Is this photo straight out of your camera. You do not find a true color of blue in nature’s flower very often. Love it.

MAYBELLINE August 5, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Agapanthus (aka Lily of the Nile). They grow everywhere here.

Kacey August 6, 2008 at 7:23 am

Agapanthus! That’s the name! Yes, this photo was straight out of camera with a touch of brightening. I did take this same shot at like 8 different settings though, experimenting with manual.

Velma August 6, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Thanks for the mention, Kacey! I really enjoyed meeting you, as well. (Also? We are totally on the same page regarding the Twitter addiction!)