Sunrise, Sunset

by Kay~Kacey on 8/10/2008

Feeling a bit melancholy and wistful with all the boys in town. Life moves so quickly.

Is this the little boy I carried?

start of a family
Is this the little boy at play?

boys in swing
I don’t remember growing older
When did they?

wrestling on the couch
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years

growing up

One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

all grown up

I love my babies. Life all passes by in a blur. Savor the simple moments in life.

Dru August 10, 2008 at 5:11 am

you have a handsome set of young men. Kudos to you.

KathyB. August 10, 2008 at 6:05 am

O.K. Just make me cry ! This is a song frequently sung at weddings when I and my husband were married, and my father in law would always be drenched in his own tears…

Our sons and daughter are now all 30 and older…so the lyrics to this song are timeless..and make me cry ! KathyB.

Kate August 10, 2008 at 6:56 am

Kacey, I’m confused. How many sons do you have? I seem to have lost count. And I am not going to cry today, even though I almost did! :oops:

Kacey August 10, 2008 at 8:14 am

snuck out to Panera’s to “pick up bagels for breakfast”. Bless their wifi!!

Kate, though it looks like we have a bazillion boys, we have five.

annbb/TSannie August 10, 2008 at 9:21 am

Beautiful boys. Isn’t it astounding how fast the years FLY BY??? And, of course! I got all weepy reading your post.

(I’ll be in Columbia tomorrow night for the week! Can’t wait!)

WillThink4Wine August 10, 2008 at 9:26 am

What a great post, Kacey! It does go by fast, doesn’t it? My parents have 2 great-grand kids now. Good grief.

Tori Lennox August 10, 2008 at 10:10 am

They’ve grown into such handsome young men. :)

Amy August 10, 2008 at 10:35 am

Oh, Kacey, what lovely photos, what handsome boys, what precious memories!

Mental P Mama August 10, 2008 at 1:00 pm

Amen! Enjoy your time with all that testosterone!

MAYBELLINE August 10, 2008 at 2:42 pm

:cry:

Suzanne August 10, 2008 at 5:37 pm

Awww, how sweet! I see that now as mine are growing up, though they’re not as old as yours…yet!

Jacque August 10, 2008 at 6:46 pm

I guess I didn’t realize you had 5 sons…you are a special and brave woman!

iPost August 10, 2008 at 6:49 pm

*sniff* (I must be PMSing) :cry:

Rosie's Whimsy August 10, 2008 at 7:01 pm

They are are handsome group of guys! You must have had your hands full at certain stages. All of a sudden I found myself a grandma …… how could that have happened ……. my baby girl all of a sudden is 26 with a baby girl of her own!

Kate August 10, 2008 at 8:05 pm

Thanks for clarifying. I guess I didn’t know you had FIVE!! I’ve seen several in your posts but until today, hadn’t realized there were that many. Wow. Sweet pictures, too. Thanks for sharing!

Maria August 10, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Time certainly has a way of biting one in the behind. My oldest is now in his fifties. Hard to believe how I can still see him in my mind’s eye as a small child starting school. So many memories to cherish and so many more to come.

You must be very proud of these five fine young men.

Flea August 11, 2008 at 2:45 am

Make me cry like that. … how very sweet.

Gayle December 30, 2008 at 11:20 am

Okay, you made me cry. This is such a beautiful post, Kacey.

Fi December 30, 2008 at 3:48 pm

Very moving!!
I feel the same about mine.. 3 sons one daughter… so many wonderful memories.. and well done on five such great boys.

and enjoyed your turning 50 post :)
Happy New Year.