Hey Watch This

by Kay~Kacey on 8/14/2008

This is the Oldest Texas Son.

texas son and girlfriend

He’s an intelligent male (don’t say it!) with a cute girlfriend. This is her 3rd time vacationing with us. She’s a trooper!

jump

We do our best to protect our sons. Notice the lifejackets when they jetski, wakeboard, and go tubing. I guess The Oldest Texas Son thought he could jump this far? Nope, didn’t make it…

He’s the one who burned his hair when trying to light a chiminea. (that’s spelled right, isn’t it? Apple’s spell check says it’s wrong..) Anyway, this son has scars and broken bones and well, if it could happen to anyone, it happens to him.

lost swimsuit

Yes, he’s the one who lost his swimsuit while tubing. Notice the brotherly love here made sure to capture it with his camera. I blurred it just a bit to keep my site family friendly :mrgreen:

injured knee

This injured knee? From jumping off the top of the neighbor’s dock. And slipping. And slicing his knee open. Probably needed a few stitches but he’s a guy, and it was “It’s fine, it’s just a knee, don’t care if I get a scar there.” :roll:

Do you have a child like this? Who is always trying something and injuring himself/herself? The one you’re most likely to stay awake at night and just wonder what he/she’s up to?

So SuperGuy and I count our blessings each year that this son is…well, still living. The boys insist the The Oldest Texas Son’s LAST WORDS will be…

“Hey, Watch This!!”

Beckynsc August 14, 2008 at 6:11 am

I have a child, who tries to be careful and still gets hurt. But we have friends who are one of those “Hey, watch this” kinda peoples. I stay on edge whenever they are around.

iPost August 14, 2008 at 6:58 am

*smiling* My daredevil is my youngest. The GIRL. She has more bumps and bruises than her older brother, who is very cautious. Is it a youngest thing??

Blogarita August 14, 2008 at 7:26 am

Handsome boy. Hope he lives long enough to be a handsome man. :smile:

BTW, I think every spell checker thinks chiminea is spelled wrong. :coffee:

Mental P Mama August 14, 2008 at 7:34 am

“intelligent male” = oxymoron. JK. Maybe. :rofl:

Kacey August 14, 2008 at 7:52 am

MPM, yes intelligent male makes me stumble a bit just thinking it. You know, being surrounded by males this week. I swear they all descend to the lowest common denominator when they all get together!!

Starwoodgal August 14, 2008 at 8:51 am

My oldest brother is like that. He has lots of scars to prove it. He’s learned to tone it down a bit since he turns 50 this year. :)

Flea August 14, 2008 at 9:24 am

I have a 14 year old son like that, but he manages to escape injury. Bizarre. I had a t-shirt once which said, “Scars are tattoos with better stories”.

Kate August 14, 2008 at 10:18 am

Flea, I love that quote from the t-shirt.

Kacey, you need to get him one of these!

He’s adorable, BTW.

Suzanne August 14, 2008 at 11:23 am

Ack, good luck with him!!

Tori Lennox August 14, 2008 at 11:58 am

Daredevil Boy is a cutie. :)

Amy A August 14, 2008 at 12:00 pm

ROFL. I think every family has a kid like that.

Sandra August 14, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Our son had no fear from an early age. At 20 mo. he pulled his high chair to the sink, grabbed a glass, which fell to the floor and broke, and he fell into it. Two and 1/2 hr. surgery on his hand. Ran into a kid at school in 4th grade; major plastic surgery on nose (it is a lovely, perfectly straight nose now). Fell off bike in 6th grade while trying to go too fast on gravel road. Thirty-seven stitches in forearm, after all the gravel was picked out. He spent 20 years in the Marines. I think he was “practicing” to be a tough-as-nails Marine all his childhood, with all those stitches-inducing antics!

Shimmy Mom August 14, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Funny, the last things my son said to me Monday night was, “Mom will you watch my one cool trick?” That was the last thing he said before falling off his skateboard and breaking his wrist. So ya, I got one like that.