It’s All Over

by Kay~Kacey on 8/21/2008

Sigh. My baby is in college now. Well, he’s doing fine.

Me?
“I’m okay,” she said hopefully…

So, did you see my twitters yesterday? Oh. My. Gosh.

Set up of story: The Impish One was driving one car and I was riding shotgun with him. SuperGuy was driving our Subaru. We see SuperGuy pass this semi truck. Right then this big old semi blew out a tire right in front of us. Rubber flying everywhere. The truck starts swerving and we see it heading towards SuperGuy. The Impish One swerves to try and avoid the biggest chunk of rubber headed right at his brand new installed on Monday windshield.

The Impish One: “It’s all good. I’ve got it.”
Me: “scream”
The Impish One (as he’s driving off the side of the interstate to avoid flying stuff) “I’ve got it.”….pause… “Is that truck going to hit SuperGuy?”
Me: Hyperventilating while rubber hits the car. But the huge piece missed us, just the really big stuff hit us.
Me: “Does that truck not know what happened??” (’cause he wasn’t pulling off the road…and SuperGuy is like right beside him trying to avoid getting hit).
The Impish One: “There he goes, he’s pulling off away from SuperGuy.”

We see SuperGuy pulling off the side of the road. We’re still dodging stuff on the highway.

The Impish One: “I’m not pulling off there, I’m going to the exit.” (which we could see from there.)

We get off at the next exit, call SuperGuy (WHY didn’t HE call ME??) and tell him we got off the highway. SuperGuy pulls off at the exit and we inspect the damage. Pull rubber out of the front grill of car. Long black streaks down side of car. Some dents. We’re all shaking.

The Impish One looks at me and grins. “Well, that sure is going to make a good story for your blog… We almost died taking my youngest son to college.” :roll: :wink: :mad2:

So it’s Wednesday night as I write this. The Impish One is safely tucked away in his dorm. (or out partying. No, don’t tell me. I don’t want to know. lalala :blah:

SuperGuy made me an awesome martini. My BFF is texting me with every little thing that The Impish One ever did wrong or stressed me with to cheer me up and make me appreciate he moved on with his life. :lol:

Remember when he got a ticket and you found out when they sent the letter to the house?
Remember when he got Senioritis and you found out he thought it was optional to go to high school his senior year? :wallbash:

:mrgreen:

Anyway. I’m okay now. Really. Honest. Truly…

I think Heck, at this point I’m just truly thankful we’re all alive.

Michelle Willingham August 21, 2008 at 5:23 am

Hugs, Kacey! I’m glad all of you were okay. :angel:

Tara August 21, 2008 at 6:48 am

Ahhhh..you’re adjusting, good for you!

Mental P Mama August 21, 2008 at 6:52 am

Wouldn’t sat it’s all over–It’s only just begun. At least that’s what I am going to tell myself…and I am so glad the tire thing ended up okay. That tweet was horrible. :beer:

Amy August 21, 2008 at 6:54 am

Divine intervention, Kacey … haha. Everyone survived the highway horror, and you have to admit: It probably took your mind off all the sentimental emotional stuff.

I, too, thought about what Rhett was doing last night. I don’t want to know. I just trust he’s alive and probably still snoozing in his dorm!

We will survive and thrive … I think.

Beckynsc August 21, 2008 at 7:31 am

Well, if anything, it proved to you that the Impish One can handle an emergency situation. That should help you sleep at night.
Way to go Impish One!!!
Way to go Super Guy!!!
Way to go Kasey, for not having to go change your clothes after that terrifying experience!!! That had to be hard, sitting in the passenger seat of one swerving vehicle and watching your husband swerving in another.

Suzanne August 21, 2008 at 8:17 am

Ack!!! I’m so glad everybody’ is okay!!

mary August 21, 2008 at 8:41 am

Yikes!
xoxo,
Mary
So glad everyone is OK!

dlyn August 21, 2008 at 8:46 am

Glad that you are all ok – I have always wondered about the circumstance that leaves those retread pieces all over the highway, but had never seen one actually go. And here is how we all know that you are still relatively sane and not a complete freak – there are no photos of this incident. :)

Flea August 21, 2008 at 9:00 am

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry for you! The truck incident would have taken more than one martini, for sure. He’s safe and well, Mom!

Tug August 21, 2008 at 9:37 am

I’ve heard horror stories about trucks blowing tires on the highways…glad you’re all ok & the Impish one is safely (yes, safely) tucked away at college.

Breathe…….

Treasia August 21, 2008 at 12:51 pm

It would have always been a day to remember but now it’s never ever going to be forgotten.

Tori Lennox August 21, 2008 at 1:45 pm

Holy crap! I’m glad you’re all okay.

Melissa Marsh August 21, 2008 at 4:22 pm

Oh my goodness! I’m so glad that you are all ok.

Kate August 21, 2008 at 8:33 pm

Wow, that’s amazing. You’re all alive, and all okay and see? There’s bigger things to bother you, right?

God, that is so scary.