Life in Focus-Lavender

by Kay~Kacey on 8/24/2008

lavender

You don’t take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it.
~Author Unknown

I love lavender. The color. The scent. I have it growing in huge bunches outside my front door. It makes me smile every time I enter my house. What is your favorite scent??

Kate August 24, 2008 at 5:43 am

This is a great shot, Kacey! Love the black of the background against the spikes of the plant.
I don’t have a favorite scent, but I love the smell of wild roses, honeysuckle and fresh cut grass. I’ve also been known to smell the cilantro at the grocery store. :oops:

Have a great Sunday.

iPost August 24, 2008 at 6:52 am

Wonderful image, Kacey :love: I can smell it from here! I love the smell of vanilla, lavender, and lilac.

Amy August 24, 2008 at 7:59 am

I love lavender, too. I also love the smell of pumpkin candles, freshly extinguished candles, and gardenias.

Suzette August 24, 2008 at 8:44 am

I love lavender, too. I keep lavender essential oil at all times. I put a drop or two in the spray bottle I use to dampen clothes I’m about to iron. Sometimes I spray MYSELF with the same bottle! If I’m having trouble gong to sleep, I put a few drops on my pillowcase.If I’ve got a stubborn spot on my face, a dab of lavender essential oil will clear it right up. this is in addition to the fact that it smells like heaven. I hope I get a chance to see the lavender fields of France one day.

Mental P Mama August 24, 2008 at 9:55 am

I love, love, love lavender! Happy Sunday :lol:

annbb/TSannie August 24, 2008 at 10:26 am

Lily of the Valley…love it!

annbb/TSannie August 24, 2008 at 10:28 am

Oh, and lilacs…I love lilacs’ aroma.

And I love the scent of lavender but for some reason it give me a splitting headache. Pooh! :sad:

Tori Lennox August 24, 2008 at 11:52 am

I love lavender too! And peppermint. And the scent of newly mowed grass. And vanilla. And cinnamon.

WillThink4Wine August 24, 2008 at 12:36 pm

Actually, lavender is my favorite! I had 6 large plants beside my back patio. Alas, thay have all died off, one by one. I’ve not found any to replace them yet. :cry:

vodkamom August 24, 2008 at 1:53 pm

I adore your pic, and lavender as well!! My favorite scent (besides the scent of a freshly made martini) is probably the smell of liquid downy – when my clothes have just been washed and I am folding them. I love the smell of fresh linen. huh.

~kristina~ August 24, 2008 at 3:59 pm

Lovely photo! I love the smell of a pine forest in the summer, when the heat is helping release the scent of sap from the trees.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Katharina August 24, 2008 at 4:05 pm

I love lavender. I have a large tub of it growing near the gazebo where I do my work & reading. It’s a tough life, but someone has got to live it! I also enjoy the fragrant lemon balm when it is crushed, or mowed in my garden. Even my son commented on how good it smells while he mowed down a path of weeds (and lemon balm) for me.

Debra Rector August 24, 2008 at 7:59 pm

I have sooooo many favorites…jasmine, gardenia, freshly mowed alflafa, the smell of earth after a rain, the ocean, Banana Boat sun tan lotion, clean laundry, cilantro, puppy breath, pine forest, cedar, magnolias, and yes, lavendar. If only I could bottle them up…

Deb August 24, 2008 at 9:52 pm

Lilac….yes, it’s lilac. Hands down, lilac. Which is, by the way, the only thing I miss about Chicago, well, Uno’s pizza and jay’s potatoe chips.

Flea August 25, 2008 at 1:44 am

Lavender and roses – my two favorite scents. In my china cabinet are bowls full of rose petals and lavender leaves from years of bouquets and flowers from my garden. The innards of the cabinet? Smell like honey. I love it!

This Eclectic Life August 25, 2008 at 9:53 am

Beautiful! I always wanted to grow lavender, but never could succeed. Honeysuckle & roses! that’s my favorite. The two together (when I was a kid, that’s what we had growing by the porch).