Honey Do

by Kay~Kacey on 9/7/2008

I love and adore SuperGuy. You guys know that, right?

But the man drives me INSANE with projects he starts and takes forever to finish. Some big projects. Some small. Take for instance the stone patio/and or deck in the backyard.

backyard mess

He started it back here when I wrote about the boys talking about their big decks :roll: Oh, is that 2005???? when I wrote that post? What year is it now? So slowly SuperGuy has worked on it. He gets waylaid by stuff like rocks that have to get blasted through to run electric and wire. Or the weather is too hot, too cold. :mad2: Etc. etc. But finally this summer I just screamed and carried on talked logically to him about the state of “undoneness” of the backyard. (is TOO a word!)

backyard deck building

So finally he’s started back into it. I have such a pretty view of the woods behind my house. I want the digging finished, a deck or patio put in, oh…and steps down to it would be nice too. :mrgreen:

hole in wall

Oh, and honey? While you’re at it? Can you finish patching up this hole in the bathroom wall??? Thanks. :love: :lips:

How about you? Do you have a project starter in your house?

Kate September 7, 2008 at 6:53 am

No, i don’t. But darn, that’s gonna look good when it’s finally done.

I am practicing typing today.

:grin:

iPost September 7, 2008 at 7:32 am

i can totally commiserate with you on this one. My hubby started tree houses for the kids…3 years ago. Still. Not. Finished. They will be in college…perhaps married with their own kids before it gets done. *sigh*

Oh, and he just started finishing the basement. Almost a year ago and no one room is studded out yet. :wtf:

iPost September 7, 2008 at 7:33 am

not…i meant “not: one room… :oops:

iPost September 7, 2008 at 7:33 am

i did it again…so i am giving up and going back to bed.

Suzette September 7, 2008 at 9:02 am

Oh, honey…you ain’t seen nuthin’. My engineer husband took THREE YEARS to put up a simple paper towel rack for his mother. First, he couldn’t find the level. LEVEL!!!!! Who levels a paper towel rack? (We’re talking $1.98 paper towel rack from the supermarket. The fact that his mother was too much of an idiot to put it up herself is a whole ‘nuther story.) Then, he couldn’t find just the right fasteners, or something. Then, the location was all wrong. I think he had to get a survey team in to resolve THAT little problem. When he saw me heading to the kitchen with fire in my eyes and a screwdriver in my hand, he finally got the job done. We won’t even TALK about the BIG projects he took on.

Kacey September 7, 2008 at 9:47 am

Kate! Ouch, how’s the finger today?

iPost…LOL on the treehouse being finished for THEIR kids! :mrgreen:

Suzette, my dad is an engineer…I so hear you on an engineer doing projects!!

Gayle September 7, 2008 at 9:51 am

No, thankfully my guy starts and finishes projects pretty quickly. But, they are almost never projects that I would like done. Sigh.

Hope SuperGuy doesn’t get distracted from finishing up this time!

Jacque September 7, 2008 at 10:08 am

Sadly the project starter is usually me :wallbash: …although the hubby has quite a few undone too…we’re quite a pair!

Katharina September 7, 2008 at 2:33 pm

OOPS! I’m the starter in this house. I have always been this way. I have saved started projects for 20 years before giving them away. I have lots and lots of unfinished projects. A psycologist says that I need to know I will have things to do when I am old. Well, I am old and there is definitely lots of things to keep me busy. And I am adding more to the list every single day.

Katharina September 7, 2008 at 2:35 pm

My own theory on why I am the way I am: I LOVE the process and am not so keen on the finished project.

Flea September 7, 2008 at 3:52 pm

That would be me. I drive my Hunny nuts. It took me six months to rip out the carpet in our last house, room by room, and stain the cement. I never really finished any of the rooms. I paint, then don’t touch up. And you can repair that hole in the wall yourself, you know. It’s actually pretty easy.

Suzanne September 7, 2008 at 5:05 pm

52 is a good finisher! I’m lucky. He just doesn’t start if he’s not going to finish, LOL.

vodkamom September 7, 2008 at 6:22 pm

Wait a minute- are we married to the SAME MAN????? I am going to take pictures of ALL our unfinished projects and post them soon.

we are living the same life, girl. :wtf:

Kacey September 7, 2008 at 6:25 pm

Vodkamom…if we’re living the same life, then start sharing the vodka!! :mrgreen:

Flea, you are so right. I could patch that wall…

annbb/TSannie September 7, 2008 at 7:46 pm

I’m the one who starts projects and doesn’t finish (sigh). Well, not all of them, but quite a few. I just irritate the hell out of myself!

MAYBELLINE September 8, 2008 at 12:01 am

My husband is a HUGE project starter and finisher. (I’m bragging.) Check out the pergola being constructed. It’s almost done.