August Photo of the Month Winner

by Kay~Kacey on 9/11/2008

We have a winner in August’s Photo of the Month’s contest.

Last Dance by Marcie. Congrats Marcie. It was a wonderful photo and a clever caption!

Now I need to ask for some help from you guys. How about listing off some suggestions for themes for upcoming photo of the month contests. The caption one didn’t attract as many entries as usual. Maybe because the photos were due over the Labor Day weekend, maybe because you hated my choice of theme :lol:

So far we’ve had:

Best Caption
Red, White, or Blue
Summertime
Motherhood

before that we didn’t have themes…

So how about you help a blogger out here and list off some creative ideas for themes you’d like to see in upcoming months for the contest! Please?? :love:

wheelo

(this picture has NOTHING to do with this post. I just like to play with my wheelo…)

Flea September 11, 2008 at 6:34 am

I love those wheelo’s.

The photo themes – is it too obvious to use the months? Like leaves for October, cornucopia (or your interpretation of it) for November, and maybe childhood for December? For January, something new. February, something short, or red, or love. March – lions!

Mental P Mama September 11, 2008 at 7:15 am

I like Flea’s ideas. Maybe September could be “back to school” :typing:

TSannie September 11, 2008 at 8:19 am

Those are all great ideas!

Tori Lennox September 11, 2008 at 8:34 am

Or pictures of desk toys. :)

Treasia/TruckersWife September 11, 2008 at 9:33 am

I like everyone’s ideas.

You could do:

Sept. as back to school
Oct. for Halloween related or fall colors
Nov. for Things thankful for
Dec. as Christmas past

Gayle September 11, 2008 at 11:07 am

Congratulations to Marcie!

I have no ideas for contest themes, my brain is not working today. I did like the other commenter’s ideas!

Suzanne September 11, 2008 at 11:33 am

Congrats to Marcie!

iPost September 11, 2008 at 4:57 pm

:confused: Nothing is coming to mind! Congrats Marcie!

Marcie September 11, 2008 at 5:17 pm

I’m honored.
Thanks to you’all who voted!!!

Kate September 11, 2008 at 5:47 pm

Pets
Colors (pick a color each month)
B & W
Love
Name that photo (you supply the photo, we think of clever names. I am using ‘we’ loosely).

These are all I can think of at this moment. I’ll come up with more as I’m falling asleep. Always happens.

Deb September 11, 2008 at 6:19 pm

some great ideas, but here in the South, school started in August.
I just like September because it begins the fall months. I simply adore the season. But fall appears at different times in most parts of the country.
Don’t ask me! I’m in a funk and can’t get out. :confused:

Tug September 11, 2008 at 6:57 pm

Those are some great ideas…for December I think ‘holiday’ instead of Christmas, for those who don’t necessarily celebrate Christmas? ‘New’ for January, like new year, but leave it open?

Congrats to Marcie – LOVE that picture!

KP September 11, 2008 at 8:18 pm

How about ‘Rain’? What with all of the hurricanes and fall approaching, it’s bound to hit us all sometime during the month…

MAYBELLINE September 11, 2008 at 10:35 pm