Public Service Announcement

by Kay~Kacey on 9/12/2008

A public service announcement to all males.

This is a dishwasher:

dishwasher

It’s that white thing under the counter, right beside the kitchen sink.

dishwasher loaded with dishes

Dirty dishes go INTO it. Not on the counter. Not left in the basement. Not left in the sink. IN the dishwasher. Really. :roll:

Oh, and for purely educational purposes I’ll explain one more thing. There really are no dish fairies that unload it when the dishwasher light turns green and the dishes are clean. A real live human has to unload the dishes and put them away.

There you have it. Always willing to help educate the male population. You’re welcome.

Amy September 12, 2008 at 7:02 am

I found numerous dirty dishes and utensils in my son’s room recently. I’m with you on the dishwasher!

Gayle September 12, 2008 at 7:06 am

I must have my husband and sons read this Public Service Announcement!

Treasia/TruckersWife September 12, 2008 at 8:08 am

Now that’s cute. Maybe I should do this for Trucker. He was all proud of himself the other day and told me (while I was at work) that he had done dishes. I came home to discover all he had done was place them haphazardly into the dishwasher, never turned it on, and didn’t wipe the counters of all the grease. Basically all he did was hide them. :rofl:

Mental P Mama September 12, 2008 at 8:23 am

Oh we have those fairies in my house too They do the grocery shopping, the laundry and the kitty litter. All while everyone is asleep. :crazy2:

Starwoodgal September 12, 2008 at 8:28 am

My 20 year old son moved out about a month or so ago and now my husband doesn’t have anyone else to blame the dirty dishes on. Ha! My sink is clean ALL THE TIME!

LoryKC September 12, 2008 at 8:30 am

Hah! Mine “hide” them, too! I’m lucky, I guess…the hubbie and kids understand where it is and do put dishes in.
That’s it but I’m luckier than most. Perhaps I should enjoy the fact that they still believe that fairies would turn the thing on and unload it — all just for us.

Kate September 12, 2008 at 10:33 am

I decided not to use a dishwasher. Our new place doesn’t have one. Well, it has one but it’s a portable and it’s far away from the sink. And it’s cumbersome to drag over and fill every night. So I’ve been doing them by hand. Well, until I cut myself on a glass last Friday and had to have stitches. And now my husband is hand washing them. Really. He is. George wanted to help, too but he’s a dog and that wouldn’t be sanitary.
:coffee2:

cgreno September 12, 2008 at 11:12 am

PLEASE, …..publish same info regarding garbage cans. Empty beer cans, bottles, bags have lost their decorative value and can be placed in the garbage can, bag, box…….for removal by the company we pay to remove it…….not the mom……Forever gratefull…….

Tori Lennox September 12, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Oh dear. I have to confess I don’t always put my dirty dishes in the dishwasher right away either. :oops:

iPost September 12, 2008 at 1:17 pm

Now if only we could make a DVD series that they could watch with beer in hand and half naked cheerleaders explaining that and the following”
1. How to make a bed
2. How to separate your underwear from your pants prior to putting it in the hamper.
3. Oh yeah, How to put dirty laundry in the hamper.
4. How to put clean laundry in your drawer

and one of my favorites:

5. How to close the shower curtain when you are finished in the shower.

I totally would buy the series for all of the males in my life.

Melissa Marsh September 12, 2008 at 1:18 pm

My kids are the exact same way – leaving dirty dishes strung all over the house, but especially in their room. I just don’t get it – put it in the freakin’ sink! (I don’t have a dishwasher… :cry: ).

mp September 12, 2008 at 2:28 pm

You are crazy..look at your audience..you are addressing this post to men. You didn’t go into near enough detail…they will never understand. You must show them…they will do it next time.
:wallbash:

Kacey September 12, 2008 at 3:15 pm

Glad to see the fairies live everywhere… :roll:

Well, and iPost brings up a VERY valid list of other public service announcements I really should make…

Cgreno :rofl: :rofl: “Empty beer cans, bottles, bags have lost their decorative value and can be placed in the garbage can,” Too true!!

vodkamom September 12, 2008 at 6:20 pm

p.s here is the empty TOILET PAPER ROLL. Here is the new toilet paper. If you have to wipe your ass with the whole DAMN ROLL, CHANGE THE DAMN THING. Whew . I feel better.

Great, great post!!!

Suzanne September 12, 2008 at 7:34 pm

LOL, good luck with that!

Sandra September 14, 2008 at 7:00 am

A GREAT post, which inspired GREAT comments! All fun to read.

I’ve been married 43 years, and Hubby STILL tells me when he loads the dishwasher or takes out the trash or (RARELY) runs a load of laundry — so that I can thank him(!), I guess. Yesterday, he yelled into the other room to me, “Hey, something smells in the trash!” I yelled back, “Are you telling me so that I can take it out?” (I think I could actually “hear” him having an “aha” moment.) He didn’t say any more — just took it out.

In his defense, when we lived in the farm house and had a mouse problem. When I would yell, “Ick, there’s a mouse in this trap!” He never once expected me to take care of it. I’ll trade dishwasher loading or laundry any day for mouse trap duty, or, now that I think about it, any of the other “icky” or physically hard jobs he does!

This Eclectic Life September 17, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Bwahaha! I like it. My problem has been more with the washing machine and dryer. I had to post a HUGE NOTE telling them that dryer lint went in the trash can…not on top of the dryer or on the floor. Duh.