September Photo of the Month Theme

by Kay~Kacey on 9/18/2008

Okay, from our EXCITING poll here, we have a winner.

September’s Photo of the Month theme will be….WEATHER.

blue sky and white clouds

Anything to do with the weather.

snowy bench

Okay, if you live in the states you’ll have a hard time coming up with a snowy photo, but hey.

barefeet in grass

Be creative. It can have anything to do with the weather. We allow lots of tangents!

rainy day window

Anything that you can tie into “weather” is fair game this month. I’ll remind you again towards the end of the month. If you’re new to Wine on the Keyboard and want to know more, look here to see more about our photo of the month contests.

Thanks so much to all who gave ideas for themes for the photo of the month contest, and to all who voted on this month’s theme. Get your cameras ready!

Gayle September 18, 2008 at 6:52 am

I love your rainy day window photo.

I’ll be looking for photo-worthy weather!

Mental P Mama September 18, 2008 at 7:14 am

I’m on it! :typing:

Flea September 18, 2008 at 8:24 am

Does it have to be a photo taken this month? May I enter twice?

Tori Lennox September 18, 2008 at 9:44 am

I think maybe I can come up with something for this one….

Treasia/TruckersWife September 18, 2008 at 9:57 am

Now those pics I do have. I think I might just be joining this one.

Debra September 18, 2008 at 10:30 am

Great contest idea, Kacey! I’m going to have to dig into my archives for a photo worthy of the competition. Your photos are great as usual. I love the rainy day photo looking out the window. It makes me want to cozy up in my soft sweats and blanket, and settle in with a good book and glass of wine. Perhaps I’ll have a small fire in the fireplace. Ahhhhh…do you want to come over and join me??

Suzanne September 18, 2008 at 11:20 am

I love this theme!!

Flea September 18, 2008 at 11:29 am

Wait – what’s the deadline?

Kacey September 18, 2008 at 2:07 pm

While usually it’s a rule that the photo is taking during the month in question, this month we’ll say it doesn’t have to be taken this month, okay? How’s that.

Only one entry per person.

The link to the picture must be sent to me by the end of the month.

Any more questions?

mp September 18, 2008 at 4:20 pm

OK, tell me how many photos I can use…do they have to be taken in September.. ?? When do we post?

Barb September 18, 2008 at 6:09 pm

This is really a cool idea! Not a photographer, or even a decent camera…but will keep an eye on this…sounds like fun!

Kate September 18, 2008 at 7:50 pm

Ooo Ooo. May I answer mp’s question? Because I’ve been doing this so long and I don’t have any questions, Kacey.

Mp: you may only enter one photo in Kacey’s Photo of the Month Contest. This particular month, she says you really don’t need to have taken the pic in the month of September. (but only for this month). And you don’t have to actually do a post with the picture. I just send Kacey an html link and if I remember to add a caption, I send that. To send it, click on “Contact” at the top of the page right under the header.

It’s fun! Hope you join us.

Sorry I sound like such a know-it-all. Kacey’s probably busy getting a back massage or having her toenails painted by Super Guy.

vodkamom September 18, 2008 at 8:15 pm

THose are great. I need to send one in. I just have to IFIND THE TIME to check out HOW!!!

annbb/TSannie September 20, 2008 at 10:25 pm

Perfect theme for me! I LOVES ME SOME WEATHER!!!!

Tug September 21, 2008 at 8:46 pm

The sun setting on the Rockies after a rain.