A weekend at home

by Kay~Kacey on 9/20/2008

Finally. A weekend at home. Time to settle in. Nest. Clean up the mess from Ike. SuperGuy and I are on the road a lot. Over in Columbia when he works there. Over in Kansas City taking care of his aunt. On the road visiting our sons. Sometimes it seems like we’re never home for more than a few days. I thought it was appropriate when I looked at the photohunt theme for this week. Road.

I’m so glad I’m not on one this weekend.

Meramec Caverns Barn Roof

While SuperGuy and I enjoy our road trips. Lots of talking time. I’m really looking forward to home time.

driving at the end of the storm

It seems like every time we drive these days it’s through the storms. Don’t you love the way it picked up the turquoise from the reflection strip thingie (technical term for it, I’m sure…) from the top of the front window in my Subaru?

How about you guys? What are you up to this weekend? Anything exciting? Or, like me, are you staying in town and glad of it?

Kate September 20, 2008 at 6:13 am

It’s funny, but we’re usually always home on the weekends. Especially now since my husband only gets one and half days off. Not too many places you can get to when you leave at 1 pm on a Saturday and have to be home by Sunday evening. Not complaining, though~! It’s gorgeous here.
But tomorrow, we have plans to visit an old friend who we don’t get to see but once a year. Warren is big in the casino industry and has some meeting over in Atlantic City on Monday. So tomorrow we’re driivng over to Jersey to visit with him and some of his family.
George is coming too. We named George after him. It’s what my husband and Warren have always called each other: George. Dunno why.
Can you tell I’ve had lots of coffee? :coffee2:

iPost September 20, 2008 at 6:59 am

Great pics! i am doing the whole soccer game thing today and then dinner for my Bday tonight. Tomorrow my parents will be in town and i will get a chance to see them. :0)

Mental P Mama September 20, 2008 at 7:27 am

Great shots! We are heading to Newport, RI for a wedding. And between you and me, I’d rather be staying home, too. :coffee:

Jenny A. September 20, 2008 at 7:36 am

I thought maybe that turquoise was some kind of computer efect! Yes—good to be home this weekend. ;-)

Treasia/TruckersWife September 20, 2008 at 8:03 am

I opted to work 4 hours overtime today and then the rest of this weekend is mine. Staying home and relaxing.

Gayle September 20, 2008 at 9:05 am

That first photo is so cool!

We’re home this weekend. My daughter has a sore throat, first sickness of the school year. Yuk. Youngest son and husband going ice skating. Oldest son, sleeping! Don’t teenagers love their sleep?

Hope you enjoy your at-home weekend Kacey!

Annie September 20, 2008 at 9:14 am

Nice photos! I like road trips AND home time too. Have a great weekend!

Suzanne September 20, 2008 at 9:53 am

Enjoy your home time!

Tori Lennox September 20, 2008 at 10:56 am

Love the pics! And staying home is always a Good Thing.

Barb September 20, 2008 at 11:23 am

When you are gone so much…yep, it’s nice to stay home…..but when you are home so much, it’d be nice to Go!
That ain’t gonna happen, not this weekend. But ya know what? That’s ok cuz it’s kinda stormy out and baking something sounds like fun..mmm ..Apple pie!and a curl with a good book!
Enjoy your weekend Kacey..as shall I :coffee2:

Katharina September 20, 2008 at 12:24 pm

Went out for breakfast while we “bombed” the house for insects, mainly spiders. While I don’t mind spiders and escort them outdoors, my husband hates them. We do this every autumn before we are shut up indoors with the little arachnids.

There is some nasty talk about painting the front door. How did your front door hardware project go? :rofl:

This Eclectic Life September 20, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Oh, I like those pictures. But, even good pictures don’t make up for being on the road all the time, do they? Glad you get a moment to rest. I’m heading out dancing tonight (if I can still stand up after all the yard work!). Enjoy your weekend.

MAYBELLINE September 20, 2008 at 10:11 pm

My home is so comfortable that I would rather be here than any place else. :bath:

annbb/TSannie September 20, 2008 at 10:23 pm

Isn’t that barn on I-70??? I swear I’ve seen it, but it surely has just recently been repainted.

Going to the city (NYC) tomorrow to celebrate my sis-in-law’s 40th (yes, I’m MUCH older). Fun!

DesertHen September 21, 2008 at 5:45 pm

Saturday was spent at a wedding……..from 10 AM until 8 PM. Long Day!

Today, Sunday……..I’m kicking back, blogging, reading and cooking. My hubby is off scouting for Elk with his boss…….so its just been a “girls weekend.” :grin: