Most Popular Boomer Blogger

by Kay~Kacey on 9/25/2008

Most popular boomer blogger. That’d be me.

Well, okay, I lied. It appears I’m the 6th most popular boomer blogger according to Google. See?? Exciting!! :wink:

Most popular boomer blogger

Remember when I was the happiest person on the internet? Then I was the 4th or the 10th happiest person on the internet depending upon what Google decided to serve up?

Well, now I’m the 6th most popular boomer blogger. :mrgreen:

canyon photography

Just little ‘ol me, my blog, and my camera. I wasn’t even in the popular crowd in high school!! Who knew?? :lol:

Really do you guys sometimes check in your stats programs to see where readers are coming from? I was amused to see I had traffic from people searching for the most popular boomer blogger. I also get a lot of traffic from search engines for Corona Separation Anxiety. I also get a lot for “hate nicknames”… not liking that one too much. I also get hits from searches on bare feet :lol: reading glasses :roll: black and white photographs, softest sheets and a bunch of other terms.

What’s the weirdest thing people have searched on to find your blog? Do you know?

Now that I’m the happiest and most popular boomer blogger…what’s next??? :rofl: :rofl: So what search terms do YOU think people should be using to find my blog??

Flea September 25, 2008 at 6:28 am

I get people looking to products to kill fleas.

Mental P Mama September 25, 2008 at 6:31 am

Woot!

TSannie September 25, 2008 at 7:50 am

Google Tombstone Chronicler and it’s always #1! :lol:

Chesapeake Bay Woman September 25, 2008 at 8:04 am

Congratulations on being #6.

Oh yeah. I am obsessed with sitemeter. Obsessed, I tell you. I have definitely had bizarre searches, and I can’t remember the best ones – which were really crazy, but some of the frequent ones I see are “motorized cooler” (yeah, I’m proud about that one), or “vintage truck.” I wish I could remember the crazy ones, but my brain has decided to take the rest of the week off.

BearNaked September 25, 2008 at 8:39 am

You asked, “What’s the weirdest thing people have searched on to find your blog? ”

With my blog name, you don’t want to know. :oops:

Bear((( )))

Treasia/TruckersWife September 25, 2008 at 9:49 am

Congrats Kacey. Way to go……… :beer:

If you google in “mid life wife” I am number 4 on the list. I never knew this. Thanks for asking. Sorta cool.

Kate September 25, 2008 at 10:03 am

Cool, Kacey!!

I don’t check stuff, but I just googled country girl chronicles and it came up first. If I just google country girl, who knows where it would be!

Amy A September 25, 2008 at 10:09 am

Well, Google is just plain wrong, isn’t it? You’re #1, You’re #1 (and I WAS a cheerleader, so I should know)

Every once in a while I get a weird search term that leads people to my blog, but not too often. I get a lot of hits on my travel articles and the Wii posts (especially Rock Band). And moon jellies (jellyfish you can hold) because I have pictures of 9 kayaking in Long Beach and holding Moon Jellies.

What’s really funny is my spam.

Tori Lennox September 25, 2008 at 12:30 pm

What’s the weirdest thing people have searched on to find your blog?

Oh, that would be “bo duke spanking dukes of hazzard” which, I assure you, is not something I’ve ever discussed! :rofl:

Gayle September 25, 2008 at 12:31 pm

One of the funniest ways that someone found me was by searching for “pattern for a monkey to crochet”. I guess monkeys need a hobby, too!

Oh, and you’re #1 boomer blogger. What’s wrong with Google!

mp September 25, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Wooo hoo….

I love playing around w/ google like that too :-)

colleen September 25, 2008 at 6:52 pm

They don’t come looking to buy wine? I get a lot of paper and tea searchers.

Barb September 25, 2008 at 8:10 pm

‘Boomer’ works…but that’s not how I found you…can’t remember…hmmmm,
I would have thought WINE or KEYBOARD would be your biggest hit.. just keep it up! Maybe you’ll get bigger than Pioneer Woman or Dooce! I’m pullin’ for you!