Life in Focus-Second Blooming

by Kay~Kacey on 10/5/2008

carnation

I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming that comes when you finish the life of the emotions and of personal relations; and suddenly find – at the age of fifty, say – that a whole new life has opened before you, filled with things you can think about, study, or read about…It is as if a fresh sap of ideas and thoughts was rising in you. ~ Agatha Christie

* * * * *

I’m SO into my second blooming now and I love it. So much to try, learn, explore. How about you?

Amy October 5, 2008 at 7:46 am

I’m there with you, Kacey. This empty nest sadness is passing quickly, and I am enjoying being on my own clock (except for work commitments) and exploring new things.

Sarah-Ji October 5, 2008 at 9:09 am

That’s a great quote! And lovely carnations. The pink is so vibrant! Goes great w/ the quote, I think!

Gayle October 5, 2008 at 10:26 am

Right now I see that place on the horizon, but I worry. How will I adjust to this new life when it arrives?

Beautiful carnations!

vodkamom October 5, 2008 at 11:17 am

That post gave me hope and renewed my spirit. thanks!!! And, to top it off, I loved the pic. :razz:

Connie October 5, 2008 at 12:07 pm

That quote describes it pretty well. I’m closing a door on one blooming that has occupied my time and energy for the past few years. I’ve learned so much and met so many people. Now, I’m preparing for the next blooming. I just don’t know what that is yet. Is it possible to have more than one second blooming??

Katharina October 5, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Yes, this is a perfect time of life. I am packing in as much as I can. Some dreams are meant to be just dreams, but some can come true!

Tori Lennox October 5, 2008 at 3:26 pm

I love Agatha Christie so much!

Kate October 5, 2008 at 4:48 pm

Beautiful quote, Kacey. I don’t think anything is blooming here, though.

Sara October 5, 2008 at 9:30 pm

I guess I’m still in the phase before the blossom and it can be a damn pain in the ass. I’m really looking forward to the second blooming. When does that happen exactly?

iPost October 6, 2008 at 5:52 am

I am still waiting for my first blooming. :wallbash:

Sandra October 6, 2008 at 2:56 pm

I feel exactly the same way, and, for me, it all started with blogging. In the year I’ve been blogging, I’ve taken classes in writing, photography and photo editing because I want to apply what I learn to my blog. This is fun!