The other thing about deer

by Kay~Kacey on 10/10/2008

You know those darling, soulful deer eyes? How wonderful and moving it is to watch these creatures? The whole nature that takes your breath away?

Well, there is also this….

deer eating zinnias

Don’t tell SuperGuy, but it appears they are going after his zinnias. The ones that took until fall to bloom this year! (what’s up with that??)

I do enjoy the deer in the backyard, but they really do munch down on the flowers. Interesting fact…they love tulips. They leave the daffodils alone. Who knew? I guess it’s oaky to sacrifice the flowers for the ability to get shots like this though:

deer hiding in the woods

Don’t let this shy guy, hiding in the woods, fool you. He’s after the flowers too…

In other news:

September Photo of the Month Winner! Marcie’s Male Bonding. Wasn’t her photo awesome? The sepia tones, the fog? Congrats Marcie! Thanks to all who participated this month! We had some great photos!

Shelly at This Eclectic Life is having a contest. Free concert tickets to go see Celtic Thunder. Go see the info on the contest here. Shelly mentioned this group on a post on her blog awhile back. I then went out on YouTube searching for them and also saw them on PBS. They have fantastic voices! Now, I would LOVE to win her contest..but they are going to be in my city when I’m actually going to be out of town! Not fair. But hop over there and see if any of you can get lucky! Always willing to pass along the neat things I find when I’m out blog hopping. (I love her blog too, she’s the GREATEST story teller. Honest. Would I steer you wrong??)

Have a GREAT weekend, everyone. It’s supposed to be sunny and in the 80’s here! Wow. In October. Ding dang diddly I love the midwest this fall!

iPost October 10, 2008 at 5:38 am

i am so glad my deer stay clear of my garden. It is too far from the woods for their comfort zone!

Kate October 10, 2008 at 5:42 am

I loved Marcie’s photograph. It was my favorite! Congrats to Marcie.

Beautiful deer photos, Kacey. I’m having a contest at my site, too. I’m giving away a print because I feel like it. Isn’t fall beautiful? It’s supposed to go up to 80 here, too, in PA.

vodkamom October 10, 2008 at 5:47 am

don’t tell my husband, or he’ll be right over with his shotgun.

This Eclectic Life October 10, 2008 at 6:03 am

You are a doll to link to the contest…and I’m so sorry you don’t get a chance to win!

The photo of Marcie’s was magnificent and for probably the first time in my life I voted for a winner! Now if only my choice will win in November at the polls….

The deer! What great shots! I’m so glad you only shoot them with a camera…though I know how destructive they are to a garden.

Mental P Mama October 10, 2008 at 6:40 am

Congrats to Marcie! And it’s going to be in the 70’s here in CT this weekend. My kind of weather. Ding dang diddly, indeed! :beer:

dlyn October 10, 2008 at 9:03 am

They are so cooL Kacey. Glad they stay out of my gardens though – too open out where they are I think.

Tug October 10, 2008 at 9:16 am

Congrats to Marcie! Absolutely beautiful photo.

It’s going to be in the 50’s w/ rain & snow here this weekend… :frown:

Gayle October 10, 2008 at 10:51 am

Congratulations Marcie! That was a beautiful photo!

Suzanne October 10, 2008 at 5:11 pm

Ack, sorry about your flowers! Our deer don’t come close enough to the house to get to the flowers because of the dogs.

Marcie October 12, 2008 at 2:06 pm

Thanks – all – for voting for me.
I’m honored!!!!