How much wood

by Kay~Kacey on 10/11/2008

How much wood

wood chuck

would a woodchuck, chuck…if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

A woodchuck, would chuck, all the wood he could chuck.

woodchuck in woods

If a woodchuck could chuck wood. :crazy2:

And why, oh, why do these ditties from childhood stick in my mind all these years when I can’t seem to ever remember where I put the darn car keys?? This ditty is about to drive me insane. Go away. Get out of my mind. Here, I give the ditty to you. YOU take it. I’m so over it. No, really. TAKE IT. Take it away!

vain woodchuck

Who knew I’d get the world’s only vain woodchuck who spends hours in my backyard looking at his reflection in the reflecting ball. :roll:

How much wood…

Kate October 11, 2008 at 6:27 am

This is hilarious. A vain woodchuck. I think I’ll drink to that.

:beer:

Deb October 11, 2008 at 8:31 am

Oh, I love your gazing ball. Is that greenery licorice something? One of my sister’s favorite ground covers. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a woodchuck…my neck of the woods sees thousands of squirrels.

Gayle October 11, 2008 at 8:38 am

That is so cute! Who knew a woodchuck could be vain!

Oh, yeah, and thanks for sticking that ditty in my head.

Amy October 11, 2008 at 8:59 am

I knew what was coming when I read the first line! Now I’m going to have that ditty dancing around in my head.

I think your woodchuck is in love with himself.

Laurel October 11, 2008 at 10:31 am

Almost like a teenager and a mirror. :lol:

Becky October 11, 2008 at 10:34 am

Great post, kasey! And great pictures. He looks as if he’s bekoning you to come out and play.

Tori Lennox October 11, 2008 at 10:43 am

That woodchuck looks so huggable! I want to hug him and squeeze him and call him George!

MAYBELLINE October 11, 2008 at 5:56 pm

I had never ever seen a woodchuck. Thanks for the education.

Kim October 11, 2008 at 6:07 pm

These are most awesome photos! :)

ScaryMom October 11, 2008 at 8:12 pm

So THAT’s what was in my yard last year?!?!? I saw this enormous furry thing waddling quickly and it ran under a bush but I didn’t get a great look at it. I think by the size of the one you had, that’s what it was! Plus it dug a huge hole under our front stoop. Love the pics and thanks for the comment at Twofer!

Kacey October 11, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Deb, I don’t know what that greenery is!

I think a woodchuck is the same thing as a groundhog? Right??

Lorie October 11, 2008 at 9:34 pm

How cute is that! He found a little woodchuck friend!

mary October 12, 2008 at 2:55 am

Oh, that is hysterical! Reminds me of my son, who can’t pass a car window without fixing his hair. Great pics, Kacey!
xoxo,
Mary

Mother Musings October 12, 2008 at 10:12 am

Hey thanks for stopping by & commenting on my post. I love the photos you’ve taken here of the woodchuck staring at himself! That is too funny.
I remember saying that ditty about woodchucks also! Tongue twisters. :lol:

DesertHen October 12, 2008 at 11:07 am

What great photos………..that wood chuck is mighty cute, but would probably bite your hand off……….too funny that he spends all his time looking at himself…..hummmmm, the Carly Simon song “you’re so vain” comes to mind………..too funny.

I’m pretty sure I will now have the Wood Chuck dittie stuck in my head for the rest of the day………….wonder who I an annoy with it………..he, he, he, he, :crazy2: