Speaking of out my window

by Kay~Kacey on 10/12/2008

Anyone who follows my blog, knows I get a lot of wildlife out my window. I dutifully take photos of the turkeys, the birds, the deer.

I love taking photos of all the excitement out my window.

But these guys? I do not like them.

grackle

Behold the grackle. Noisy. Mean. They chase away my beautiful cardinals and finches…and everything else for that matter.

grackle in backyard

I’ll give you that their feathers are beautiful. Such an iridescent shine. But I still don’t like them. The bullies. :angry: Too bad the pepper SuperGuy put in the bird feeders didn’t chase away the grackles! That would have made me happy. It’s always good to make Kacey happy.

Does this grackle not have the spookiest eyes??

I wish the grackles would go away. Anyone want me to send them your way??

Kate October 12, 2008 at 5:57 am

Grackles are the jerks and bullies of the bird world, aren’t they? Their irredescent feathers do nothing to redeem their unmannerly ways. They are like that cousin everyone has that shows up drunk on Thanksgiving and proceeds to turn the entire day into an ordeal.
Not that I have a cousin like that. I’ve seen it happen on TV, though. And I’ve read about it in this miniature newspaper I’m reading this morning.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Suzanne October 12, 2008 at 7:29 am

I suppose they have graackles around here but I’ve never heard of them!

iPost October 12, 2008 at 7:39 am

I have grackles too and they destroy my suet feeder. No thanks! You can keep them over there.

Amy October 12, 2008 at 8:10 am

I’ve never heard of grackles. They ARE beautiful, and I’m with you on the eyes … they’re pretty frightening.

Gayle October 12, 2008 at 9:39 am

That is some menacing look on that bird’s face! Yipes!

Mother Musings October 12, 2008 at 10:15 am

We have owls that screech so loud during the night! I know they help keep the rodents down but it’s so annoying when the screeching wakes you from a dead sleep!

Tori Lennox October 12, 2008 at 11:15 am

Grackles are evil. I hate them with a passion. They were awful around here last year. Haven’t much a problem this year, thank goodness. Or you’d probably be hearing me scream all the way up at your house.

Sandra October 12, 2008 at 12:17 pm

I have to admit I’ve never heard of a grackle — but they ARE beautiful. But, I also know that, in nature as in all things, “pretty is as pretty does.” So, thanks but no thanks on the grackles! :smile:

Mental P Mama October 12, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Awwww. Poor grackle. I don’t have them. Can you tell?

Mental P Mama October 12, 2008 at 1:33 pm

And I guess I just put the whammy on myself. :twisted:

mary October 13, 2008 at 1:18 pm

They are thugs, aren’t they? Sort of like gangsters in cheap, shiny suits… maybe SuperGuy should get a pellet gun… or is that way too harsh?

Beautiful pics, though!