No Willpower

by Kay~Kacey on 10/13/2008

I am a weak woman. I’ll freely admit it here to you. I. Have. No. Willpower. None.

When it comes to these…

candy corn

Candy corn. :love:

It’s a sickness I have. Indulged in just once a year. Do not stand between me and my candy corn.

candy corn in glass bowl

Isn’t it pretty? It even casts a darling shadow. I’m sure that candy corn is the prettiest candy in the world. Who can resist the brilliant colors?

candy corn on plate

I put them in antique green glass bowls or on my grandmother’s glass plate…and I eat them. A lot of them. I’ve been known to run from the room screaming to avoid the siren call of the candy corn.

candy corn close up

I’m a bit fanatic about my candy corn though. It has to be orange, yellow, and white. None of that FAKE candy corn that has the brown on it. Do they really think that’s chocolate on those? Anyway, back to the fanatic part…see this one with no white on it? That annoys me too. Okay, I still EAT them when they are missing a color, but it bugs the bajingles out of me.

How about you? Do you have a candy that whispers it’s soft siren call to you and you are powerless to resist?

annbb/TSannie October 13, 2008 at 6:24 am

I share your passion….and I really don’t know why.

Debbie October 13, 2008 at 7:01 am

I don’t even like candy corn but your pictures make me want to try again! At least your addiction only comes once a year. Enjoy!

Anne October 13, 2008 at 7:03 am

I don’t like candy corn, my weakness is Take 5 bars. Peanut butter, pretzels, chocolate and caramel. It is the most amazing taste sensation you can imagine.

Jacque Ruch October 13, 2008 at 7:34 am

This time of year it’s those peanut butter kisses that come in the black and orange wax paper. You know the ones that nearly pull out your teeth when you eat them. (Unless they’re very fresh which is how I like them) Anyway a friend gave me a bag the other day…I carried it around for a week, knowing the inevitable would happen once I opened it…finally the time was right…sitting in the computer lab doing research….it took about 30 minutes…poof the whole bag was gone… :crazy2: I love Halloween!

iPost October 13, 2008 at 7:35 am

Candy corn rocks! :love:

Kari October 13, 2008 at 8:01 am

I love candy corn mixed with peanuts. It tastes like a Payday candy bar.

I was at a shower yesterday and she had carmel apple candy corn. It was really good.

Marcia October 13, 2008 at 8:04 am

Jelly beans, Snickers, 3 Muskateers, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups…….

Mental P Mama October 13, 2008 at 8:33 am

I love candy corn! And Butterfingers. And Almond Joys. And Snickers. I need help.

Treasia/TruckersWife October 13, 2008 at 9:36 am

I love candy corn as well. My weakness however is Peanut M&M’s and strawberry milkshake whoppers.

Dru October 13, 2008 at 9:56 am

you and me both…once a year I, too, indulge in these sweet candies. Do I get sick of them, only when my tummy hurts.

Tori Lennox October 13, 2008 at 10:13 am

I can take or leave candy corn. So I’ll leave it for you. But if there’s a Symphony bar anywhere in the vicinity I’ll fight to the death for it. *g*

Gayle October 13, 2008 at 10:53 am

Ohhh, as soon as I looked at your first photo, I could hear the Candy Corn in my kitchen calling me! I have never seen Candy Corn look so beautiful. Nice photos!

I don’t really have a candy I can’t resist. I’m more of a salty chip lover.

Kate October 13, 2008 at 11:42 am

Reece cups.

Be still, my heart.

Katharina October 13, 2008 at 11:58 am

Reeses. Peanut. Butter. Cups. Chilled.
I accept no substitutes.

mary October 13, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Hershey’s Kisses. Indubitably. I’ve always wanted to say that word aloud, but never had the chance…
xoxo,
Mary

Michelle Willingham October 13, 2008 at 1:52 pm

OMG. I want some. BAD. Gimme gimme!! :crazy2:

Sara October 13, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Thanks. Now I want some….

Laurel October 13, 2008 at 3:13 pm

I do not either, I almost bought a big bag and then knew I would have it gone in a matter of a few day! :lol:

Suzanne October 13, 2008 at 4:46 pm

Candy corn is okay, but I’m not big on it. Homemade cracker candy is my favorite!!

Sarah S. October 14, 2008 at 7:39 am

Oh MAN I have the same problem! The other day I bought 4 bags at Target! What was I thinking? :confused: Oh well they do not last long in our house. My daughter and I think the reason we both have sores oin our mouths is from too much candy corn! :rofl:

DesertHen October 14, 2008 at 7:02 pm

I love candy corns……will eat them until I’m on some sort of “candy Corn High” or until I’m sick!! They are only allowed in the house once a year………..after seeing those photos, I have added them to this weeks shopping list……….thank goodness I’m going to town tomorrow or I would go through some sort of candy corn withdrawl……………. :shock:

Hubby has a problem with jelly beans………….they don’t get let in the house very often either…………