Dead, dead, dead

by Kay~Kacey on 10/14/2008

Yep, our old refrigerator that we had in the garage died. I know, a bit extravagant to have two fridges, but we do have 5 boys! It was so nice to have that extra fridge to hold extra gallons of milk, soda, two turkeys at Thanksgiving, etc. Anyway, it died last summer. No, not the summer we JUST finished, summer of 07. :roll: I do miss having the extra space though.

So after I complained about how I wanted my garage back, SuperGuy decided the old refridgerator could go. We called the trash guys up for a $30 appliance pick up. Okay, whatever, just get it out of my garage.

much discussion

First there was much discussion about the whole process. Males. Have to over think every project.

take off fridge doors

We have to take off the doors because we’re safety first people like that.

A little give

A little give

a little take

A little take.
Or more loosely translated:
“Do you have it?”
“No! Do you?”

navigate through the mess

Then they have to navigate through the mess that is the garage. No sympathy from me here. None.

it's heavy

“Hey, how about some help here! It’s heavy!”

don't hit the truck

Then there were the anxious moments of threading it between the cars and down the driveway. Do NOT hit the truck!

refrigerator out by street

Finally the refrigerator was out by the street for the trash guys to pick up. You know, if they do. Because I do have a lot of issues with my trash guys.

my favorite

And the Geeky One is my favorite! (okay, you all know that I call each one of the boys my favorite, right? Well, sometimes I don’t. You know, when they’ve done something like forget to call me when you get there!)

Anyway, the trash guys DID pick up this old fridge. But I’m still not seeing signs of a cleaned out garage…

iPost October 14, 2008 at 7:07 am

At least it is a step in the right direction! Hooray for more space! :love:

Toni October 14, 2008 at 7:47 am

Well one thing down right, it can only get cleaner!!

Wayfaring Wanderer October 14, 2008 at 9:55 am

At least you’re making strides…….when there’s a job in front of you like that, baby steps are best (at least for me).

Dru October 14, 2008 at 10:10 am

I hope they don’t pile up anything in the now empty space.

Suzanne October 14, 2008 at 11:22 am

They’re primed to clean out the rest of the garage now!

Debra October 14, 2008 at 12:52 pm

Refrigerators are like underwear. You can never have too many. We are a family of two. Just me and Doughboy. We currently have three refrigerators and I’m in need of another. With 8 grandkids, we are always stocked and ready. At least you have a new clean space in your garage. Woo hoo!

MAYBELLINE October 14, 2008 at 1:49 pm

Future reference: check with your local utility. Some will buy back your energy guzzling appliance and pay you! :wallbash:

mary October 15, 2008 at 10:29 am

Well done. I’m thinking our garage gets cleaned out when hell freezes over. Or when the Seattle Mariners win the pennant. Whichever comes first.
xoxo,