The Love Nest

by Kay~Kacey on 10/17/2008

Okay, remember when we were temporarily sharing an apartment with our son when SuperGuy worked over in Columbia? Well, that was fine, but really….it was SUCH a college kid apartment complex. We’ve had our name on a few waiting lists around town for places that don’t rent to undergraduates. (that makes us sound stuffy or old. Hm…maybe we are both. No, really, we’re fun, but not college aged fun, you know?) Finally an apartment became available. So we moved out and into our own place this week. At least for the days that SuperGuy works over here.

I wanted to show you lots of pics of the new place, but I’m exhausted. Let’s just show you that I DO have my priorities in order:

broadband setup

I have the broadband wireless all set up. You don’t think I’d forget about you guys, do you??

bed and laptop

We have a mattress set until our bed is delivered. (yes, we finally ordered a Sleep Number bed like we wanted.) Oh, is that a Corona beside the bed? Okay, I’ll go take care of that…

I really enjoyed sharing the apartment with The Photography One, but I’m sure he’s glad to have the place back to himself. I’ll miss sitting out on his deck and drinking beer and talking. I saw him more in the last 5 months than I did in the last 5 years. It was fun. Of course I can always still go over there and bug him visit with him.

puppy in backyard

We’re going to totally miss Charlie though!!

Note to self: NEVER rent a 3rd floor apartment without an elevator. Moving in was, well, challenging. I’m exhausted. More pics to come soon.

Oh, and THE LOVE NEST. We are SO totally calling the apartment THE LOVE NEST because it absolutely grosses all the boys out when we say that. Love nest, love nest, love nest. :rofl: Even my mother calls it our love nest!

Becky October 17, 2008 at 6:17 am

Ha! I would call it love nest every chance I got, just to annoy the boys! That is so funny!
And as far as a 3rd floor apt. Been there, done that! Not fun.

Mental P Mama October 17, 2008 at 6:57 am

Now I am singing the Love Boat song, but saying “The Loooove Nest” instead. Enjoy! :lips:

Amy October 17, 2008 at 7:12 am

Your nest is now empty, so enjoy that love nest!

Dru October 17, 2008 at 7:19 am

Now I have the tune of Love Boat substituting Nest in my head.

Of course our priorities have to be in order…Internet connection and I laughed when I saw that bottle in the second picture.

Suzanne October 17, 2008 at 7:29 am

Cute apartment! I want more pics!

Jacque Ruch October 17, 2008 at 7:45 am

Really? There’s nothing better than a little payback by grossing your kids out! Love it!

Kacey October 17, 2008 at 8:01 am

LOL, I LOVE the thought of singing The Looooove Nest to the tune of the Love Boat when I’m around the kids. Hm…wonder if they’d even know what that song is??? It’s so fun being a parent when you can make your kids’ eyes roll!!! :roll:

Michelle Willingham October 17, 2008 at 8:31 am

Why not call it the Love Shack? :lips:

Treasia/TruckersWife October 17, 2008 at 9:28 am

Love Nest, I love it. :rofl: You have to say it often around the boys now.

Mental P Mama October 17, 2008 at 9:40 am

…Come on board, we’re expecting you…. :cool:

Amy A October 17, 2008 at 12:42 pm

Oooh, likin’ the Love Nest. :rofl:

Are you sure you’re not college-age fun? You have a Corona in the bedroom, a blow-up mattress and your first priority was internet access.

That third-floor walk-up will help you keep your girlish figue, you know…

TSannie October 17, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Just utter the words – “Love life” around your grown kids, and you’ll clear the room in seconds.
Which side of town did you all end up at?
Glad you finally got a place!

Tori Lennox October 17, 2008 at 2:39 pm

I’m with Michelle. I much prefer having Love Shack stuck in my head than the them from The Love Boat. :lips:

dlyn October 17, 2008 at 3:59 pm

Ha! The first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this post was “that must gross out their kids!”. Totally makes it worth getting old doesn’t it?

MAPAGE October 17, 2008 at 6:51 pm

Now just tell your boys that you have to get some athletic equipement for the Love Nest . Then tell them it can only be found at BED BATH AND BEYOND!!! :bath:

vodkamom October 17, 2008 at 7:03 pm

I love the love nest! I love the Corona even better!!!

Melissa Marsh October 24, 2008 at 4:06 pm

Oh NO. I’m about to move into a third floor apartment and there is no elevator! Maybe I’ll lose some weight, though, right? :crazy2: