Easy Stuffed Chicken

by Kay~Kacey on 10/19/2008

How about a quick, easy recipe for stuffed chicken breasts? Yes, I’m fully aware that most of the recipes I post here have the word easy or quick in them. I’m an easy kind of gal. No, that didn’t sound right. Nevermind. You know what I mean. While I do have some time consuming, complicated recipes, I find as I get older, I rarely reach for them. So I’ll share with you one of my almost instant dinners.

Easy Stuffed Chicken Breasts

chicken breasts (however many you need to feed your family)
Chives (I prefer fresh, but if you don’t have them growing out your door like I do, use dried)
Cream Cheese (I prefer soft cream cheese, a couple 2-3 tablespoons per chicken breast.)
Bacon (one piece per breast)

easy chicken ingredients

Really, can it get much easier than this?

homemade spice rack

Get your chives right out your back door, or grab them off your homemade spice rack.

cream cheese and chives

Mix chives in with the cream cheese. I think I used about a half the tub of cream cheese for 4 large chicken breasts. Give or take. A couple of teaspoons of dried chives. Use more or less to taste.

stuff with cream cheese

Flatten the chicken breasts. (I flattened but didn’t pound them flat, you know?). Spread on cream cheese mixture.

wrap in bacon

Wrap in bacon and place open/stuffed side up on wire rack over baking pan. (I’ve also just baked them down in the pan, but I prefer to bake them up out of the grease/drippings).

Bake for about an hour on 350. (Note to self, use regular sliced bacon, not this thick sliced bacon I used this time so the bacon gets crispier.)

There you have it! The main course of a romantic dinner for two…

don't forget me

Oh, or a dinner for three if the Geeky One is here too! :mrgreen:

Susanna (A Modern Mother) October 19, 2008 at 5:40 am

YUM!

So glad I found this site, I am always looking for new meal ideas.

Deb October 19, 2008 at 8:14 am

this does look easy! and very yummy! you have been a cooking fool over the weekend!!! keep it up, you are providing great inspiration.

Gayle October 19, 2008 at 9:05 am

Quick and easy always attracts me to recipes! This looks yummy and your photos are beautiful. I’ve never seen chicken lighted so nicely!

Mental P Mama October 19, 2008 at 12:46 pm

Yum! :beer:

michelle of bleeding espresso October 19, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Wrapped in bacon, stuffed with cream cheese? Yeah, I’d pretty much eat a shoe that way, but chicken’s even better ;) Thanks for sharing!

vodkamom October 19, 2008 at 4:45 pm

That looks so good! I am So making that next weekend.

Suzanne October 19, 2008 at 5:00 pm

That looks fantastic!

What happened to the wine in the wine glasses? Did ya drink it before dinner, LOL?

Merrie October 21, 2008 at 12:58 pm

Yum! We’re having chicken tonight, and I think I know how I want it served now. Great recipe — sending it home to my hubby right now. :smile: