Ultimate Wastebasket

by Kay~Kacey on 10/24/2008

This is yet another one of my post about the differences between men and women. Men are different. I do not understand males. Their thought processes just don’t make sense to a rational female…

So I’m painstakingly decorating The Love Nest. Sure, it’s not finished yet, but we just got the place last week. So I go into the bathroom and see that SuperGuy has improvised on the bathroom wastebasket. :roll:

wastebasket

SuperGuy religiously rinses out the kitty litter buckets and has a HUGE stack of them in the garage. You know, more than he could ever use in his lifetime. The garage I can’t park my car in. He brought some tools over to The Love Nest in this bucket…so I guess he decided that now it would make a good wastebasket for the bathroom.

I’m off to buy a bathroom wastebasket RIGHT NOW, why do you ask? This one is driving me nuts. Males are strange…

Kate October 24, 2008 at 6:08 am

What don’t you understand? These pails make excellent buckets, and have a number of other uses! Why, if you put some lovely contact paper over it, you could use it as a wastebasket for your bathroom. And with the handy handle attachment, cleaning is made easy.

I am so kidding. This sucker has got to go!! :angel:

susan arnold October 24, 2008 at 6:42 am

Actually, I use one as a wastebasket in my laundry room. Must be because I was raised with three brothers……..

Amy October 24, 2008 at 7:07 am

That is too funny! Now you have to give the guy credit for thinking outside the box and saving money, but … I’d have to buy a real one, too!

Becky October 24, 2008 at 7:26 am

Guys don’t care what it looks like, as long as it works. Simple thinkers, they are.
I’m with you…a new trash can it is!

Dru October 24, 2008 at 7:46 am

He’s being innovative, but I’m with you.

Sarah S. October 24, 2008 at 7:52 am

OMG That’s so funny. My Dad collects buckets. If you borrow one and don’t bring it back right away he comes and gets it himeself. For his birthday we give him his gifts in a bucket instead of wrapping it! :rofl:

Connie October 24, 2008 at 8:02 am

Men just want to get the job done (in more ways than one) :wink:

LauraP October 24, 2008 at 8:14 am

What? He wasted a perfectly good bucket as a trash can? (Actually, that’s probably what I’d have done until I got around to decorating . . . eventually.)

Deb October 24, 2008 at 9:59 am

This is so funny! One look at the photo and I truly LOL… My husband would collect these space is limited in the RV but last year when we were still in the house, these buckets were everywhere. At least your husband developed a use for one of them, unbeknownst to my hubby, he just collected them!!!

mp October 24, 2008 at 10:30 am

OK..That is funny. My husband, kind of the opposite. I throw away ONE thing in the bathroom basket..and the next time I go to use it..the basket is gone.. gone??? It is usually in the kitchen where he is going to dump it into the kitchen can.. not realizing that he needs to put it back in the bathroom.. SO for a week there has been empty shampoo in the shower cause I don’t know where the fricking basket is!! :shakehead:

Tori Lennox October 24, 2008 at 11:27 am

LOL! Yeah, the whole Scoop Away logo is the ultimate in bathroom chic. Not!

Suzanne October 24, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Hey, that is EXCELLENT repurposing and recycling!

Katharina October 24, 2008 at 1:21 pm

Men are looking for functional (by the way Connie, your comment is sooo funny). I like my place to look nice too, and I deal with a lot of this with my husband. He is always improvising and then hurt when I replace stuff with commercially made items.

I would love to have a stack of buckets like that for my odds and ends and cleaning and hauling and such…maybe not as many as you have, but a few.

Sandra October 24, 2008 at 3:00 pm

When I began to read, I was SURE this was going to be about which way he put the toilet paper on the holder!

Maybe you could do the bathroom in a whole kitty littler “theme.” If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

vodkamom October 24, 2008 at 4:38 pm

that cracks me up. Is it confusing the cat?

sarah bean October 25, 2008 at 12:25 am

Just seems like he’s got his three Rs down pat to me *shrug*.

But I think americans do the decorating thing a bit more seriously than us kiwis lol.