Full Circle

by Kay~Kacey on 10/27/2008

Speaking of the stages of the apartment… and decorating around a much loved object…I basically decorated the apartment around this wonderful mahogany gate leg table. I had been wanting a gate leg table for a long time. A few years ago I saw one I really liked at an antique mall in Columbia when I was there visiting the boys. Long before SuperGuy worked over there. But I didn’t buy it… Then they closed the antique mall. :sad: Later, we found out they had opened a new antique mall and it had some of the same booths as the old mall. People had transferred their stuff over.

So about a year ago we went to the new antique mall. I saw my gate leg table again!

table in need of repair

This time I didn’t hesitate to buy it. It needed some work but, of course, that’s what I have SuperGuy for! :lol:

drop leaf table

So he refinished the table. He’s handy like that!

antique table

We didn’t really have a good place for in our house though. I had it tucked under the dining room window…but we had to move it out anytime we had everyone over and extended the dining room table full size.

So over it came with us. Back to Columbia where it started. To The Love Nest. (The table actually looks the deep shades of the above photo. In the photo below at the apartment I had to use the flash because it was dark when I took the picture) The legs swing out to hold the drop leaf sides, but it folds up to make a nice sized table for lamp, and we can open it up for more table space when we have the gaggles of males over to feed them. Yes, that’s part of the reason I like the dinette table we bought too. It has the mahogany edging on it so it ties into this table. Now we have lots of seating for feeding hungry males.

gate leg table

I heart this table. :love: A. Lot. Don’t you?

Okay, I’m going to stop writing about decorating for awhile. At least until I have something special to show you guys. Or until I just want to go on and on again about The Love Nest. I do have other things going on in my life besides just decorating The Love Nest you know… see tomorrow’s post…

Kate October 27, 2008 at 5:58 am

I think it’s a beautiful table and serendipitous that you found it again!

And I don’t mind at all any decorating posts. They’re great!!

:coffee2:

Becky October 27, 2008 at 6:28 am

I like the table.
You and SG did a great job re-doing it. It is beautiful once again.

Amy October 27, 2008 at 6:54 am

I want a Love Nest and SuperGuy of my own! Lovely table!

Mental P Mama October 27, 2008 at 7:08 am

Gorgeous table! Love that beautiful red wall color. And now, The Love Boat is once again in my head. Thanks.

Gayle October 27, 2008 at 7:55 am

That’s a beautiful table. SuperGuy did a great job refinishing it. I’m not tired of your decorating posts, continue with them any time!

Melissa Marsh October 27, 2008 at 9:57 am

LOVE that table! And the transformation from what it started out as to what it is now is just amazing!

Katharina October 27, 2008 at 12:20 pm

The table is gorgeous! I see SG’s woodworking tools in the garage and I guess sometimes your lack of space sometimes pays off. :roll:

Of course, you could clear exactly half of the garage and pull your car in. Paint a line right down the middle on the floor… :rofl:

mp October 27, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Holy cow that is a beautiful table!!

Suzanne October 27, 2008 at 6:43 pm

I LOVE the table!!

mary October 29, 2008 at 6:43 am

that is beautiful!!! I’m thinking I need a Super Guy, too… ;)

TSannie December 1, 2008 at 12:26 pm

Somehow I missed this post. What a gorgeous table SG refinished for you, Kacey! I’m impressed and in awe :!:

Shirley December 18, 2008 at 3:11 pm

I have a table that is just like yours except mine makes an oval table when the leaves are up. The legs look just like those on my table.

I paid $25 bucks for mine in about 1970. We used it for a long time and then moved into a house where we didn’t have room for it. we stored it and the finish was ruined. It cost me $250 to have it refinished, and I thought it was worth every penny. Superguy did a great job on yours. I’ll have to take a picture of mine and post it so you can see it.