Pre cruise in New Orleans

by Kay~Kacey on 10/29/2008

So, as usual, we do our driving trip thing. We drive. The kids sleep. See, it doesn’t really change at all as they get older…

sleeping in car

Okay, I lied. The Geeky One actually woke up and drove part of the trip to New Orleans.

walking on riverwalk new orleans

We walked along the river. Straight for…

cafe du monde

Cafe Du Monde. We had beignets, of course. Love them. Can’t get enough of them! We’ve even been known to coax SuperGuy into making them at home. Occasionally. Have you had them? They are like the ultimate fried pastry thingie with powdered sugar on them.

Then we walked around the open market in the French Quarter,

photographing New Orleans

doing our photography thing. (doesn’t it look like SuperGuy has a purse on his arm??? Which is oddly strange since I seriously believe he’s afraid of purses. Comes from having all sisters. He won’t pick one up, or dig keys out of one or anything. Purses are very scary things!) :lol:

I digressed, of course. Then we ended up…

Pat O'Briens

at Pat O’Briens. Who knew they were open during the day?? Never been there in the day time before, but I’ve sure been there to Pat O’Briens at night.

New Orleans is a wonderful, colorful, noisy vibrant place to visit. Usually a day or so will do me per trip! SuperGuy used to live down here so he really likes to come back and visit. We’re off on a cruise out of here now. Hoping to connect to the internet from the ship!

mary October 29, 2008 at 6:45 am

How cute is that first picture?!

New Orleans looks so pretty, and WARM. (Forgive me, but it snowed here yesterday. Yuk.)

Enjoy the cruise!
xoxo,
Mary

Deb October 29, 2008 at 7:21 am

Oh, some things never change, do they? Love the first photo. You guys have a great time on your cruise…we’ll be waiting for your blogging updates.

Kelly Boyce October 29, 2008 at 8:30 am

What a beautiful city. I’d love to visit there. And it sounds like you had a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing the pixs!

Gayle October 29, 2008 at 8:41 am

Oh, New Orleans looks so pretty! Can’t wait for your travel updates. I hope you can connect on the ship!

Dru October 29, 2008 at 9:45 am

I’ve never been to New Orleans and looking at your pictures makes me want to plan a trip.

Treasia/TruckersWife October 29, 2008 at 10:21 am

It already looks as if you are having a wonderful time. I would love to go to the French Quarter at some point in time.

Amy A October 29, 2008 at 1:25 pm

I love N.O. And beignets are the BEST. I make B’s every year for Christmas morning. They’re a pain in the butt, but totally worth it.

dlyn October 29, 2008 at 4:55 pm

You were right – I AM jealous! Hope you guys have a blast :)

vodkamom October 29, 2008 at 7:56 pm

I told you to pick me up. Where the hell were ya???

Valerie October 29, 2008 at 8:03 pm

I was just in New Orleans over the weekend! Those photos look like they could have been taken the same day we were out and about taking photos. We didn’t go to Cafe Du Monde, however; the line was too long.

It was my first trip and I loved it, but now that I’m back home in Ohio I have a horrible, horrible cold. I have yet to go back to work! I hope your trip ends on a healthier note!

annbb/TSannie October 29, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Have a BLAST! And write when you can!

Suzanne October 30, 2008 at 6:50 am

Have fun on the cruise!!

Chere October 30, 2008 at 9:43 am

You are so right about children just getting bigger and not changing a whole lot. When mine come home they revert back to the age of five. New Orleans is everything that you said. Colorful, sights, sounds and fun but only for a few days. There is also a photo waiting to be taken around every corner. My honey used to fell the same way about purses. Until, he purchased a manly shoulder things to carry all of his junk. He loves it. Now when we travel it goes with him. May have something to do with me not carrying his stuff anymore. Have a great trip.

iPost October 30, 2008 at 4:00 pm

So fun, I would love to go there one day!

maya November 4, 2008 at 12:12 pm