A mother daughter moment

by Kay~Kacey on 10/31/2008

Happy Halloween my friends! I thought I’d pause to share one of my favorite mother/daughter moments. WHAT you thought I had ALL BOYS? Well, I do. But never let that stop me from finding a way to have a mother-daughter moment!

halloween costumes

Okay, okay. That was The Impish One in grade school. All dressed up as a girl. Just cracked me up when I came across this photo the other day. Had to scan it in to share with you.

Notice the very chic cell phone clipped to my waist. I’m thinking I like my iPhone better! Can I just say I’m SO glad to be past that stage of my life! The whole scenerio, to be repeated over and over again each year:

“What do you want to be for Halloween?”
“I want to be a Ninja Turtle.”
“Okay.” I start making costume. Almost finish costume.
“I changed my mind. I want to be the Star Wars guy.”
grrrr “Are you sure?”
“Yep, I swear I won’t change my mind again.” (which is a blatant LIE, btw)
I desperately try and convince one of the other boys to be the Ninja Turtle. To no avail.

Repeat this scene over and over, year after year. Okay, I did get smarter after awhile. You get ONE choice. That’s it. I usually even stood my ground on this rule!

Anyway, Happy Halloween to you. Indulge in candy corn!!

Sandra October 31, 2008 at 6:12 am

I’m glad I’m past that point too — coming up with Halloween costumes every year really taxed my creativity and my patience! Much more fun to look back on than it was to actually LIVE! :smile:

Mental P Mama October 31, 2008 at 6:32 am

LOL. That is a snappy look… Are you all having fun???

Kate October 31, 2008 at 6:37 am

I loved the Ninja turtles. Brings back good memories. Um, cool cell phone getup, and what a sweet little girl.

tee hee

Gayle October 31, 2008 at 6:59 am

Oh my gosh, that photo is so cute. I love the look on your son’s face!

Happy Halloween! Hope your cruise is fun!

iPost October 31, 2008 at 8:05 am

I am lucky my kids have wanted to be the same thing over and over again for three years now! Hooray for recycling! :rofl:

Suzanne October 31, 2008 at 3:38 pm

I love that costume! he’s an adorable girl, LOL.