Paradise Beach-Cozumel

by Kay~Kacey on 11/4/2008

The next port we went to on our cruise was Cozumel. Carnival had just reopened their pier that had been taken out previously by a hurricane. This one is supposed to withstand a category 5 hurricane. Hope it can. We docked to a bright, sunshiny, warm day.

cozumel

Our ship was the Carnival Fantasy, but you can see her sister ship, the Ecstasy was docked here too. (Digressing for a moment…I had a strange desire, wishing we were sailing on the Ecstasy, just because of its name. That’s wrong of me, isn’t it??) We willing posed for SuperGuy in a typical cruise ship in the background shot. (digressing again…wow, those pink crocs clash with my coral tshirt, don’t they? Why didn’t someone tell me???)

posing on pier

Oh, look! SuperGuy was there too! He’ll love that I got a shot of him carrying the floral beach bag… I’m detecting a trend of SuperGuy carrying bags… Wonder how long I can keep working the “Gosh, honey, that bag is just too heavy for little ‘ol me to carry.” …once he finds out I’m taking photos of it each time.

Anyway, we shopped a bit, then headed for Paradise Beach. No admission to get in, no charge for chairs or umbrellas. About a five minute cab ride from the pier. For $10 you get a wristband that lets you do lots of water sports. Water trampolines, a huge “iceberg” to climb. Or kayaking.

kayak in ocean

Notice how helpful The Adorable Girlfriend was with the paddling?

paddling in kayak

The Geeky One got even…The Adorable Girlfriend couldn’t figure out why is was so much harder paddling back into shore… :rofl:

pointing

Oh, here’s a big surprise. A pointing picture!! :love: or maybe :mad2: :roll:

beer on the beach

SuperGuy and I just kind of hung out on the beach and did our own thing. Not sure we moved from our lounge chairs once we sat down. “Freddie” kept bringing us ice cold beer though, so all was good.

We got back on the ship, arrived back at New Orleans, drove 11 hours back home.

A most perfect vacation. The end.

Suzanne November 4, 2008 at 7:37 am

Pink goes with anything.

Jacque November 4, 2008 at 7:44 am

Such great memories of the fantasy I have. My husband and I took our honeymoon on the fantasy the first year it was in commission. What an amazing ship! Back then it was sailing to the Bahamas…

Mental P Mama November 4, 2008 at 7:52 am

I don’t know…sometimes Ecstasy can be overwhelming. Fantasy always works :lips:

Starwoodgal November 4, 2008 at 9:15 am

Looks like fun! We took the kids to Cancun back in 1998. We had a blast!

Tug November 4, 2008 at 9:39 am

Looks WONDERFUL…so glad you enjoyed!

SuperGuy looks good with his floral bag. :angel:

Deb November 4, 2008 at 10:09 am

Oh, I have some fond memories of Cozumel…some of which are long gone due to the visit to Carlos and Charlies…gulp!

Tori Lennox November 4, 2008 at 12:00 pm

I’m with Suzanne. Pink is the new neutral color. :wink:

Sarah S. November 4, 2008 at 12:06 pm

AAAAAH Looks like so much fun! I love the crocs and beer picture! :wink:

iPost November 4, 2008 at 3:56 pm

7 letters for you…J.E.A.L.O.U.S. :mrgreen:

Amy A November 4, 2008 at 4:44 pm

::sigh::

I wanna take a cruise now!

annbb/TSannie November 4, 2008 at 9:34 pm

I’ve never wanted to go on a Carnival cruise….until now! It sounds like such fun! So glad you had a fabu time!

Sandra November 5, 2008 at 8:42 am

I think the bright pink crocs and orange shirt look “festive,” and in keeping with a tropical theme.

This makes me long for a tropical vacation. I guess I’ll go to the gym instead — people sweat there too. :cool:

Mens Nike Air Max Lunar 90 Red Running Absolutely Authentic April 23, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Admiring the persistence you put into your site and in depth information you offer. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed information. Fantastic read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

cborzkojft April 23, 2015 at 1:52 pm