Barefoot in November

by Kay~Kacey on 11/6/2008

Really, the weather is so strange. Not that I’m complaining. We’ve had brilliant fall colors. Glorious sunshine. 78 F degrees. In November. N.O.V.E.M.B.E.R.

barefoot in November

Barefoot in November!

I do so love the changing of the seasons! I’m going to miss going barefoot though. The feel of the ground under my feet. Cool grass, warm sidewalks, plush carpeting…anything. Right there under my feet to feel. Love it. Wiggle my toes and stretch my feet. Barefoot is like the ultimate freedom from responsibility. I love to go barefoot! :love:

I’m sorry for those of you with cold weather already. Or worse yet, snow. :mad2: But the weather here in the midwest in the states has been wonderful! How has your autumn weather been? Or tell me you’re a barefoot addict too!

Kate November 6, 2008 at 6:37 am

I like being barefoot too. And we’ve had really mild weather here in Maryland. But a front came through last night and it’s chilly today!

iPost November 6, 2008 at 7:11 am

In typical Maryland fashion, it has been everything from 70 degrees to snow flurries in a matter of days! The rule of thumb is that if you don;t like the weather, wait a couple of hours! :roll:

Amy November 6, 2008 at 8:02 am

It’s funny: I rarely go barefoot. I wear my old trusty Skechers sandals around the house. As a child, I walked in my bare feet everywhere in the summer. Too many bad cuts probably created my aversion to bare feet as an adult.

We are currently experiencing a coastal storm here. Nasty stuff, but it makes for good sleeping weather!

TSannie November 6, 2008 at 8:26 am

Yup, barefoot is nice. It’s warm here, but not quite that warm. Still, it’s shoes without socks!

Tug November 6, 2008 at 10:02 am

I love barefoot or flip flops…the past 2 days have been shoes/boots with socks.

ugh. :wtf:

Amy A November 6, 2008 at 10:29 am

The weather here is crap. High 40s and RAIN. Definitely a bundle-up-your-feet kind of day.

::sigh::

Kelly Boyce November 6, 2008 at 10:36 am

We’re having a bit of an Indian Summer here but not quite warm enough for barefeet again. I’ll just have to wait until next summer for that. Sigh…

Gayle November 6, 2008 at 11:42 am

The weather’s okay here. For November, I guess it’s good. But not barefoot weather.

When I was a kid I used to be barefoot all summer! I still love the feel of the warm ground on my feet!

Ryan S November 6, 2008 at 11:45 am

I love going barefoot too. Unfortunately I will soon be experiencing northern midwest winter also.

Got a couple pix of my toes in the autumn leaves too, if I could share.

Deb November 6, 2008 at 12:07 pm

Our weather has benn glorious. Honestly, I love fall and appreciate the colors of the trees along with the long shadows on the ground.
As for going barefoot, I am not a big fan as I remember once stepping on a bee and not being able to walk for a week because my foot swelled so much. Another time I stepped on a rusty nail so you see why I am bare foot shy! Although at the beach, that is an entirely different story!

Marie November 6, 2008 at 12:10 pm

It’s nice but not hot in California. The funny thing is that I’m actually barefoot in a coffeeshop as I read this! I’m enjoying the last bits of barefoot weather while I can.

Melissa Marsh November 6, 2008 at 12:40 pm

It’s been great! Until today, that is…supposed to get cold and possibly have snow! But that means I can sit comfortably by my fireplace. :-)

mp November 6, 2008 at 1:59 pm

My weather is the same as your weather.. :razz:

I love being barefoot too..I usually am

Tori Lennox November 6, 2008 at 2:03 pm

I’m loving being able to wear shorts and go barefoot in November, too. I’m not well-pleased that it’s going to end over the weekend. :biteme:

Marie November 6, 2008 at 5:06 pm

I’m weird in that I don’t wear socks often, even in the winter. I walk barefoot in the office year round. Colder weather just means no barefoot coffeeshop visits. :coffee2:

Speaking of which the owner commented on my lack of footwear. She seemed more amused than anything, but at least she didn’t mind.

Suzanne November 6, 2008 at 5:15 pm

The weather’s been surprisingly warm the past week! But I think it’s supposed to turn soon, like tomorrow.

Toni November 6, 2008 at 6:57 pm

This is Toni over at ToniTalkTwo blog, you entered one of my Giveaways. I LOVE barefoot and won’t even put away my Birks in the snow season. I wish I had Hobbit feet.
I “Tagged” you on my blog here http://www.tweedlebeebytoni.com/blog/
come and see if you like.

sarah bean November 8, 2008 at 2:35 am

Definately barefoot!

I was in a classroom at our local school the other day, looked out the window to see a class of kids walking past following their teacher somewhere – and at least 75% of them were barefoot, in their school uniforms! We do live in a VERY small town :lol:

Cyr November 11, 2009 at 8:38 am

Hi
I like walking barefoot ( now in my flat koz it s winter outside)
I even created a funny waving bare feet blog
Brad Feet, France