One of my Favorite Parts of the Cruise

by Kay~Kacey on 11/8/2008

Yes, this will prove to you just exactly how mature I am.

Last cruise post, I swear…

The room steward made up towel animals for the room each night.

towel elephant

This cute little towel elephant.

towel puppy

And this groovy towel puppy. There were more, but I wasn’t organized enough to get a photo of it each night…

Yes, towel animals are one of my favorite things about a cruise. That and unlimited eating, cold beer, and a good martini. Oh, and sitting in the sun with no responsibilities. People watching. Well, I guess I like a bunch of things about cruising! Have you been on a cruise? Do you want to try one? What’s your favorite cruise line?

sarah bean November 8, 2008 at 5:38 am

I sooooo want to go on a cruise …

Maybe you could give one as a blog giveaway :wink: :lol:

Dru November 8, 2008 at 6:52 am

I’ve only been on Carnival and I liked that the time is mine to do what I please. I also like that I get to see places that I probably would not go on my own and yeah, the unlimited food supply and towel animals. Did they do the monkey for you? We came back to our room and they had the monkey hanging off a hook.

Deb November 8, 2008 at 9:06 am

I agree! That was the most fun of our cruise. I, too, had a hanging monkey in our cabin. Way cool!
Glad you had a great time with the family!

Suzanne November 8, 2008 at 9:25 am

Those are so cute! You should demonstrate how to make them! :)

Amy November 8, 2008 at 9:26 am

My cruising experience has been limited to a two-day deal through a tropical storm between Miami and Freeport and a one-night Cruise to-Nowhere out of Norfolk. My son and I were supposed to have gone on an NCL cruise last spring, but my dad had a stroke just prior to that (thank God for travel insurance!). I still want to cruise, and I’m thinking Holland America to Alaska.

Tori Lennox November 8, 2008 at 1:37 pm

I’ve never been on a cruise.

The towel puppy is SOOO cute!!! I’d have been sorely tempted to accidentally pack him up with my belongings. :wink:

iPost November 8, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Never been. Wanna go. :razz:

Amy A November 9, 2008 at 2:27 pm

I’ve been trying to talk Hubs into taking us on a Christmas-time cruise for years. If I point out the towel animals, I can totally get 10 on my side and maybe next year I’ll be on a cruise instead of with my crazy family, uh, instead of here at home, in the cold….