Life in Focus-Bookshelves

by Kay~Kacey on 11/9/2008

homemade bookcase

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~Anna Quindlen

This is the homemade, built in bookcase that SuperGuy built for me a few years ago. A woman can never have enough bookcases. I’m hoping I passed this fact onto my children.

Which brings me to…I’ve gone over to the darkside…

I confess….

After much resistance….

I broke down an bought Stephanie Meyer’s first book in her Twilight Series. Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)
I am weak. Too much chatter on the internet about these books. I’m not much into vampires and such, but I heard this series is wonderful. So comment away about the series if you want…but no spoilers!!! Or tell me that you have more bookcases than a library, so I’ll feel better.

If Twilight is as good as they say and you don’t see me out and about on the web….you’ll know what happened.

iPost November 9, 2008 at 8:53 am

I felt the same way, but I broke down as well. I liked the books, but I am not in awe of them, like others are. I’ve read the first two, but refuse to pay hardback prices for the third. I’ll order the remaining from the library. :secret:

annbb/TSannie November 9, 2008 at 9:43 am

I’m going to read it only because Mental Mama chose it for her first book club pick. I ususally don’t read that kind of book either…

Deb November 9, 2008 at 9:43 am

So far, I’m managed to get through almost half of the book thus far….being an old Dark Shadows lover…I couldn’t resist.

Suzanne November 9, 2008 at 10:56 am

My daughter loved this book, that’s all I know, and she’s not usually a big reader so I was thrilled she was excited about reading something. I want to read it, but haven’t yet.

Tori Lennox November 9, 2008 at 12:30 pm

I love your built-in bookcases and wish I had tons of them! I have seven bookcases that I use (four large ones and three smaller ones) and they’re still not enough.

Oddly, I’m not the least bit tempted to read Twilight. And I love vampire stories.

SoCal Wife November 9, 2008 at 1:55 pm

I love the book shelf and I think I may be following you on the Twilight purchase. I’ve heard so much about it and my kids’ friend from school is staring in the movie, so I guess I better read the book cuz I know everyone in our town will be talking about it too.

Mental P Mama November 9, 2008 at 2:17 pm

It’s a good book. Intriguing. You should join our book club on December 8. Twilight is our first book. :book:

Amy A November 9, 2008 at 2:26 pm

I have bookshelf envy. Seriously.

I’ve finally read TWILIGHT. There was so much hullaballoo I had to know what it was all about. I’m just not seeing it.

i wanted to like the book, I really did, but I was so disgusted I had to force myself to keep reading (so I could speak intelligently about the book). I probably won’t read any of the other books. I’m clearly NOT her reader. And I love both YA and vampire books.

Kate November 9, 2008 at 2:44 pm

I can’t wait to hear what you think of it. I was so sprised as to how much I enjoyed it!

Debra Rector November 9, 2008 at 3:34 pm

May the force be with you. I absolutely LO’vED the Twilight saga (obsessed, actually) and have already pre-bought tickets for the movie premier on Nov. 21st. There is a group of us Twlight crazed ladies who are going to the movie together. I CANNOT wait!

annmarie November 10, 2008 at 12:25 am

Off Topic – but I am having trouble finding the posts about the photo contests & wonder if someone can help. However, I have read the first 2 of the Twilight series & love them (I am 60 yo LOL)

mary November 10, 2008 at 3:20 pm

How nice to have a handy husband! Mine has, in the words of Dave Barry, a “deficiency of the Mr. Goodwrench gland.” But we are definitely a reading family. In fact, we don’t talk at the dinner table. We read.

Twilight was an easy read. I liked it. I’ve also read the second, and am just starting the third. I think you’ll enjoy it.

xoxo,
Mary

Carol Band November 10, 2008 at 10:47 pm

My 14-year old neighbor gave me the Twilight books and said “You HAVE to read these.” The first one was kind of compelling, because the story idea was kinda new – but the writing was soooo horrible. I felt like I needed a shower when I was done. One was enough.

Jacque November 11, 2008 at 8:22 am

I almost bought the series for my boss until someone told me they were for teens. So nice to see so many comments from non teens :wink: I never can have enough book shelves either. Organizing them is definitely on my todo list!