The Last Stoplight on I-64

by Kay~Kacey on 11/23/2008

This traffic signal is the bane of my existence. The last stoplight on I-64.

The only stoplight from all the way from Virginia to St. Louis!

last stoplight highway 64

And this darn stoplight is IN MY WAY. The traffic backs up. And up. It’s smack on the way on our drive to The Love Nest. I think it’s going to still be here for like another year. WHY isn’t this some kind of priority? There used to be about a half dozen stoplights along this stretch. Slowly they’ve put in overpasses and taken out the lights.

callahan road stoplight

Except for this one. :angry: At Callahan road. Not that Callahan road is a busy intersection either…what with all the other overpasses they’ve put in. Half the country, from the east coast to the midwest has managed to keep highway 64 stoplight free. Not us.

highway 64 callahan road stoplight

If we don’t get out of town early enough, we sit here through I can’t even count how many changes of this stoplight. I do not like this stoplight! :wallbash:

If Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Virginia have managed to have NO stoplights along this interstate, why has Missouri taken so long to get with the program? Once this stoplight is gone, it will be a straight shot over to Columbia. Without this aggravating stoplight. :mad2:

Ah, life’s little annoyances. :crazy2:

Do you have any stretch of road by you that drives you crazy?? :cursing:

BTW–I’m working on doing up the Photo of the Month contest post. It takes a long time to put together and it’s easier to do on my iMac at home than the macbook I take to The Love Nest. The Photo of the Month contest will be posted tomorrow!!

KathyB. November 23, 2008 at 5:18 am

Thank-you for visiting my blog the other day. I was honored. You were one of the few blogs I had followed for months before I ever started blogging. Actually, I did not know what blogs were til I found you on an on-line search for something else. I can’t remember what I was searching for, but your blog and only 2 or 3 others were actually kind of my therapy for awhile.You were inspirational in getting me to blog. Thank-you !

I don’t need the therapy . but have found it truly amazing to read posts from so many people , so different, from all over the world, and I enjoy catching a glimpse of their (your) day.

Apparently some things are the same world wide, and frustrating traffic is for sure a bridge- gapper.Here in my branch of the Pacific Northwest we have suffered from a lack of traffic lights , somehow thinking non-stop traffic would not require lights to make left turns. Well now we’re getting them and spend a great deal of time stopped by road crews installing them. Everywhere ! All the time !Every day ! I travel with books on tape and snacks , and plan to be late for everything.

Kate November 23, 2008 at 7:57 am

Yeah, too bad about that light problem, Kacey. It looks like a bugger. My sister lives in CA near LA and we won’t even talk about that. It’s awful.

Around here, there’s nothing like this that would confront me daily, so I guess I’m blessed. Looking forward to your contest post tomorrow!!

iPost November 23, 2008 at 8:11 am

Since we are so rural, we don’t have any stoplights! However, where my hubby works there is one that he can sit through at the end of the day for at least 3 rounds of red lights! No fun!

Deb November 23, 2008 at 8:51 am

I guess I am one of those drivers who rolls with the punches. My husband, on the other hand, wigs out whenever someone pulls in front of him…typical man I guess.

Suzanne November 23, 2008 at 9:03 am

Yep, we have I-64 and it has no stoplights! Sorry about yours. :)

annbb/TSannie November 23, 2008 at 11:39 am

I remember that road well! Always took it to go see my sis years and years and years ago when she was in college then law school (Wash U, St. Louis U) there. And there were lots of lights then. I find I-64 – stop light to be kind of a transportation oxymoron. Interstates should not have stop lights. It just isn’t right! Plus, to slow down your time to the love nest??? Wrong on so many levels! :grin:

Tori Lennox November 23, 2008 at 11:41 am

No stoplights here in Hooterville. But if you head down the road to the town where Wallyworld resides, you’ll get stopped by not one, not two, but dozens! Okay, maybe not dozens. It just seems like it. And maybe two cars, three if the third person is really quick ever make it through at one time.

Mental P Mama November 23, 2008 at 2:16 pm