Life’s Big Questions

by Kay~Kacey on 11/25/2008

Another thing I like about The Love Nest? It’s the time SuperGuy and I spend driving there and back. He usually drives unless he’s exhausted. I sit and knit or take photos. We talk. It’s good couple time. Much nicer than road trips when the boys were younger where I spent the whole time breaking up fights or listening to kids songs until I could just scream… :shock:

hilly road

Anyway, in between talking with SuperGuy, knitting, and taking photos…I have lots of time to ponder the big questions of the universe.

dust on the dashboard

When is the last time I cleaned off my dashboard? It’s so dusty! Why don’t I have a macro lens? It would have taken a great shot of the dusty dashboard…

missouri river bridge

Why do I have an irrational fear of driving over bridges? I swear I’d drive over them with my eyes closed if it were at all possible. Is this why SuperGuy likes to do most of the driving? :crazy2:

bug splat

Why is the big bug splat always on MY side of the windshield? Especially when I’m trying to take pictures?

side by side trucks

Why do we always seem to get behind two trucks that block all the traffic and act like they don’t have a clue? For miles and miles and miles.

Antique Mall sign

Can I convince SuperGuy to stop at yet another antique mall? For just a few minutes, I swear, honey. :angel:

gas prices

And why, oh why, with all the things we see on the road trip…does this sign impress SuperGuy the most? Kind of like his favorite part of the cruise.

Well, I haven’t solved all the world’s problems yet…nor answered the unanswerable questions I came up with on the trip…but I did get quite a bit of knitting finished… (did you see yesterday’s post? The photo of the month contest is there. Go vote!)

Dru November 25, 2008 at 4:33 am

Thanks for taking us on your trip back and forth. I enjoy seeing the pictures of your area. What are you knitting?

Debra Rector November 25, 2008 at 6:06 am

I understand Super Guy’s excitement about seeing $1.69 for gas. It is the same price here…a far cry from $4.23 a couple months ago when the Atlanta metro area was suffering from hurricane effect. I filled up yesterday for $27. I’m loving it!

Mental P Mama November 25, 2008 at 7:37 am

$1.69??????

TSannie November 25, 2008 at 8:07 am

Good Lord!!!! $1.69???? I’m drivin’ to Missourah to get gas!

Your first photo….every time I come over that hill and see that valley, I feel like I’m home. Just beautiful!

Deb November 25, 2008 at 8:24 am

Hey, we found gas for $1.68.99 yesterday! I love the photo of the bridge trusses. For some reason I love trellises and arbors…

Melissa Marsh November 25, 2008 at 10:56 am

I am so glad that the price of gas is finally dropping. Woo hoo!

And my dashboard is always dusty, too. :rofl:

iPost November 25, 2008 at 11:19 am

fI ove driving ALONE with my hubby too. Unfortunately, my kids are still in the fighting stage, which makes it stressful :wallbash: when they are around. I too like to take pics out the window. As a matter of fact, one is on my photoblog today!

Tori Lennox November 25, 2008 at 12:41 pm

I thought there was a law against dusting dashboards….

Kate November 25, 2008 at 12:57 pm

OMG! Be still my heart! That gas price is totally awesome.

And I really liked reading about your road trips. Lovely scenery, except for the bird doo doo!

:angel:

chere mortensen November 25, 2008 at 1:36 pm

We have a house in Fla. with a five hour drive from Atlanta to get there. My husband always drives which is great with me. If I were a digital scrapbooker, think how much I could get done in five hours. I do agree about the bugs on my side of the wind shield. It is also hard to get my honey to stop at another scrap store. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :lol:

Suzanne November 25, 2008 at 5:27 pm

It looks like a really pretty drive!!

Leslie November 25, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Gas prices have been many a photo opp for me lately. Love those declining prices. Today leaving school I spotted and photographed a $1.62 gas price.

Gayle November 25, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I’m still in the breaking up fights stage. It’s hard to remember the days before kids when we actually talked in the car, so it’s hard to picture that in the future. Hmm, what will we talk about?!

Flea November 25, 2008 at 9:26 pm

That’s a mother beautiful bridge. I had a horrific fear of bridges from as far back as I can remember. There are some terrifying bridges out there! But I was cured one spring, driving from Orlando to central Louisiana to Tulsa to Tupelo to Atlanta to Orlando in two weeks with three kids. Me the only driver. All the Gulf Coast driving in torrential rain over miles of bridges. I thought we were all going to die. But since then? The fear? Not so much.