Holiday Traditions Part Seven

by Kay~Kacey on 11/29/2008

Okay, I’m not sure if I’d posted six other holiday traditions…but we sure have a lot of them. You know, like slinging shooting the Easter eggs? And the pointing pictures?

Yes, we have a few, okay, a LOT of traditions.

For Thanksgiving? It’s this turkey.

Thanksgiving centerpiece

What’s so special about this ceramic turkey? Well, it’s been on our table every year for about 40 years. Really. He looks innocent enough, doesn’t he?

Except he has a stuffed butt of flowers. :roll: Doesn’t everyone have a stuffed turkey butt on their Thanksgiving table?

Thanksgiving table arrangement

We’ve had this poor turkey’s butt “filled” at the same florist every year. They expect us every year. People have seen it at the florist and tried to buy it. We now have our name written on the bottom, just in case. We might have to put a tracking device on it! :wink: The FLORIST has tried to buy it from us.

Nope, no way. It’s OUR turkey butt, thank you very much. Not. For. Sale. At any price.

Hope you all had a wonderful time, however you celebrated Thanksgiving. I sure did. I may never eat again. Well, except for one more small piece of pumpkin pie…

Kate November 29, 2008 at 8:13 am

Morning, Kacey. You have some rather unique traditions!

annbb/TSannie November 29, 2008 at 12:59 pm

That is one mighty fine looking stuffed turkey butt!

Tori Lennox November 29, 2008 at 1:23 pm

Hey, I remember hearing about the stuffed turkey butt before!

Suzanne November 29, 2008 at 3:51 pm

I love the flowered turkey butt!!!

tracey November 29, 2008 at 9:53 pm

I like it! And any tradition that has been kept for 40 years HAS to be followed.

Sandra November 30, 2008 at 10:29 am

I absolutely love to see something “old” continuing to be used. And when it’s belonged to someone in the previous generation, I always think how much they would love to see one of their possessions still in use.

I think your turkey is lovely. I can see why people have wanted to buy him.

Chere December 2, 2008 at 9:03 am

Love your turkey’s cute little butt. One tradition my crazy family has is watching “Christmas Vacation”. Yes, it is a big family event. We are a dysfunctional family but we have a great time.