Other Signs of Autumn

by Kay~Kacey on 11/30/2008

There are other signs of autumn around here. You know how I’m addicted to bird watching? Well, and taking photos of birds? Almost like Chronicles of a Country Girl, Kate, takes photos of mushrooms. Its just something we do.

Well, you remember my lovely finches? With their vibrant yellow colors?

finch bird feeder

Such a pretty yellow color!

finches changing color

Now they are back to a drab gray. Sigh. Yet another sign that summer is over and autumn is here. Well, at least the cardinals stay bright red all year long!

Cardinal and friend

I think that’s one thing that depresses me about winter. The lack of bright colors. The flowers are gone. The green leaves and green grass are gone. My lovely finches turn gray. I think this winter we should have one of the photo of the month contests be a spot of bright color in the winter, what do you think? Sometimes it’s all just a needed attitude adjustment.

Suzanne November 30, 2008 at 7:41 am

I love the cardinals!

Kate November 30, 2008 at 8:36 am

Kacey, I LOVE that cardinal shot! And those little finches, even with all their grayness, look beautiful against the black background. Yes, I think it’s a great idea for a contest.
And I cannot believe the stuff I write sometimes. I clicked on that mushroom post and was surprised.

:lips:

Mental P Mama November 30, 2008 at 9:13 am

The drab finches make me sad. But at least you have them. My finches have been MIA for weeks now.

Sandra November 30, 2008 at 10:32 am

I guess the lack of color in the winter is what makes pictures of cardinals in snow scenes so popular. The colors (or lack) of winter, are such a wonderful backdrop for a beautiful red bird.

Tori Lennox November 30, 2008 at 11:39 am

Your bird pictures rock, Kacey!!!

Gayle November 30, 2008 at 2:23 pm

That photo of the cardinal is so beautiful. Now I have to find out how the voting is going on your photo of the month contest!

roy hammer March 23, 2012 at 10:04 am

when should i put the feeder out for finches @ how high should it be? 3years ago we had finches, but the last year we hardly seen any. if you have any ideas to help us let us know. thank you roy hammer