Conquering Addiction

by Kay~Kacey on 12/1/2008

I’m afraid I have a slight addiction these days.

Milk Glass. There, I’ve said it.

milk glass

I cannot get enough of this stuff. It’s like antique mall crack or something.

ruffled edge milk glass bowl

Like this adorable bowl I found to set on my gate legged table. :love: I then put in some rock eggs we have. Yes, I collect shiny, polished rock eggs too. I told SuperGuy I want a jasper egg to put in there with it’s orangey-red colors. He wanted to know why I had already named the egg I wanted, “Jasper” and why did I hate the other eggs because I hadn’t named them…

Our conversations are a bit strange at times…

But I digress….

ruffled edge of milk glass

I love the edge of this bowl. The ruffle, the clear edge. I think this milk glass is called Fenton Silver Crest. I must buy a book on identifying milk glass…

Want a closer look at the darling edge of this bowl? Okay, I’m nothing if not obliging. I’m nice like that…

edge of milk glass bowl

SuperGuy is getting a bit afraid that the milk glass is going to take over The Love Nest. I keep reminding him I could fill up our whole house back home too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think this is an addiction I have no desire to conquer. Do you have an addiction like that?

Flea December 1, 2008 at 5:02 am

Oh my. That’s a mother-beautiful piece of milk glass. I’m afraid my only addiction is my moo-cows, but there’s only room in my heart and home for the two of them.

iPost December 1, 2008 at 7:21 am

I love mild glass too and get excited to see your finds! My addiction is of course, photography and postcards. No cure coming soon for me!

Jacque Ruch December 1, 2008 at 7:25 am

As you are with milk glass, I am with cobalt glass…since I was a little girl, I think the color is the most beautiful ever…and your bowl with the frilly edge is gorgeous!

Amy December 1, 2008 at 7:50 am

I didn’t know what milk glass is until I started reading your great blog. I could see becoming addicted to it!

I’m somewhat addicted to books. I always have to have one on hand (and my tastes are so diverse). Then there’s Target …

LauraP December 1, 2008 at 8:25 am

The bowl’s pretty, but I’m drawn more to those rock eggs. Love, love, love the eggs. Maybe it’s my chicken addiction, which is second only to my addiction to knittable fibers — wool, wool everywhere here, plus angora, mohair, llama hair, alpaca and a bit of cotton & silk. Plus more growing out in the barn . . . and then there’s books. And photo stuff . . . and . . . never mind.

Mental P Mama December 1, 2008 at 10:40 am

I think that The Love Nest will not be complete until it is chock full of milk glass. And rock eggs with various and sundry names. :beer:

Connie December 1, 2008 at 11:20 am

So you are one of those milk glass addicts too. Mine got so bad that I had to pack away an entire tub and still left 18 pieces out. I am partial to Fenton myself. Aren’t the ruffles just lovely? And it goes with just about anything, even rock eggs.

Connie

TSannie December 1, 2008 at 12:18 pm

What a pretty bowl! I am so looking forward to go to Artichoke Annie’s when I’m back in MO. I’ve never even heard of it till you said something about it. Wonder how long it’s been around…
Happy hunting – I just love the thrill of the find moment! Especially when I know I’ve gotten a really good deal.

Tori Lennox December 1, 2008 at 1:59 pm

I think most people who’ve seen my bedroom would be convinced I’m addicted to books. I fear they are right…..

Amy A December 1, 2008 at 5:15 pm

Pretty!

Suzanne December 1, 2008 at 7:22 pm

I love the milk glass! And the rock eggs are cool, too!!

mary December 1, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Tu addiction esta mi addiction. ;) Love that milk glass!
xoxo,
Mary

Kate December 1, 2008 at 10:01 pm

Frames. It’s my addiction. But your milk glass is quite lovely, especially with that frilly little edge with the clear glass. Woo!

margie December 2, 2008 at 8:42 am

i also have a bit of a milk glass addiction. at home and at the cottage. A., my other half, asked me “when will we know when we have enough of this stuff?” o am a little busy with crystal these days as well. get a life!!

Ms. Changes Pants While Driving December 3, 2008 at 12:51 am

mugs. coffee mugs. the bigger, the more colors, the stranger, the more unique the better. i have almost 40 mugs.