Growing out my hair-part two

by Kay~Kacey on 12/2/2008

Well, I’m past the just shoot me phase of growing my hair out. (no, go ahead, click the link then come back.Look at where my hair was the end of June. See? It IS growing!) I’m firmly into the “what the heck was I thinking” stage. I thought I’d give you a quick update on my progress.

attempted to do a self portrait

So I attempted to do a self-portrait. Yeah, I got a lot of shots like this… :mad2:

back of hair

The back is longer, see? It has a few layers and just does its own thing. Mostly.

front of hair

The front is taking forever to grow out long enough to even tuck back behind my ears. The bangs sometimes drive me nuts, sometimes they don’t.

curling iron

Ding, dang, diddly :mrgreen: I don’t like the time it takes to do my hair now. I’d forgotten my intense dislike for curling irons. Read: burning my fingers all the time. My hair holds the curl for about 15 seconds. Sigh.

I have a big, fancy holiday party to go to…and I’m not sure I’m going to make it without cutting my hair off short before I go to the party. I just can’t make my hair at this stage look like I’ve done ANYTHING to it!

Sigh. I know that once it would get to the pull back stage I’d be fine. (It’s almost there. I can sort of pull it back, clip it up, and use a few clips to hold the falling out pieces… I’m so close…and yet so far. Sigh.)

Of COURSE we’ll take a vote, okay??

Should Kacey cut her hair?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Amy December 2, 2008 at 7:28 am

Hang in there. I can see you with an inverted bob eventually!

iPost December 2, 2008 at 8:32 am

Cut it, cut it! Only because I am in that same stage and I know how it stinks! I have an appointment for Thursday! I still don’t know what I am going to do!

Chere December 2, 2008 at 8:50 am

Try a round brush when you are drying it. I have decided to grow mine for Locks of Love. My step-mother is battling breast cancer for the 4 time. I hope this is a small thing that I can do for cancer patients. Good luck with the hair.

Sarah S. December 2, 2008 at 8:56 am

I could not get the picture up so I don’t know how short it was before but It looks nice.

My hair is very short chemo will do that to you! Yours looks really long to me :)

Starwoodgal December 2, 2008 at 9:28 am

The only thing that saved me from cutting mine off was my hot air brush. Two sized brushes come with it. Use some root lift on the top and section it off to dry in layers. Some hair smoother helps to with the fly-aways, which is a point of frustration with my nearly 50 hair.

Gayle December 2, 2008 at 10:38 am

I voted for grow it longer! Then, if you don’t like it you can cut it short again! My hair is almost shoulder length and I can’t be bothered styling it. Every day it looks different depending on which shampoo/conditioner I used and mostly what the weather and humidity is. It’s always a surprise!

superguy December 2, 2008 at 11:15 am

I have chosen not to vote!!! I love you with whatever makes you happy. Now my position is in writing so that you can refer back to this should you want my vote..today..again. (Wish that I could place one of the icons from above into this space)

Tori Lennox December 2, 2008 at 11:36 am

Personally, I need to get my cut, but i think yours looks really cute right now. Hang in there!

Dru December 2, 2008 at 1:38 pm

I like the way your hair looks.

TSannie December 2, 2008 at 1:55 pm

Your hair already looks adorable – stick it out!

Tug December 2, 2008 at 5:00 pm

Your hair is cute! I vote tough it out, mostly because I’m trying to also, and I’m hating it. ;-)

Have you tried some mousse in it before drying?

Kate December 2, 2008 at 5:32 pm

I’m not adept at all with anything to do with styling one’s hair. I’m awful.
Yours looks great. I mean that. This is a great photo of you! Good color, too.

Melissa Marsh December 2, 2008 at 6:51 pm

I think it’s cute! Keep growing it out!

Suzanne December 2, 2008 at 6:54 pm

No point cutting it now–you’ve gone too far!

mary December 2, 2008 at 7:42 pm

You are so cute! Don’t give up now, keep growing it. You’ve put in too much time growing it out to have to start all over. Have you tried a headband?
xoxo,
Mary

Ms. Changes Pants While Driving December 3, 2008 at 12:48 am

darnit. i voted for suck it up and grow it out, but that was before i saw the “quite whining” option ;)

it sucks, but it’ll only stay worse for a longer time if you keep cutting it. i had my hair SSSSSSSSSSSSSSHORT, and it took forever to grow out. if this is your awkward hair phase, you have it pretty good. seriously, leave it.

hi, i found you from i need a martini mom :) i liked the name of your blog.

stalk me.

Ms. Changes Pants While Driving December 3, 2008 at 12:50 am

QUIT whining, not quite whining. and i initially spelled it wining. time to finish this glass of red and go to bed :eek:

annmarie December 7, 2008 at 11:52 pm

I am at that same stage – I grow it longer each winter to keep my head warm. I have a wonderful hair dresser who convinced me last week to cut the back into a bob – it decreased the overall length but looks much better & will even out when the sides grow.