My All Time Favorite Movie

by Kay~Kacey on 12/3/2008

Yes!!! My all time favorite movie is on TV tonight. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!! Yay!

I’m a bit obsessed about all things Rudolph. (and here you thought my only obsession was milk glass…)

build a bear Rudolph

I heart this Rudolph from Build a Bear. I actually went into Build a Bear with my father a few years ago and made this Rudolph….not knowing my kids had gone and made me one too. So now I have two. And Clarice too!

hermie the dentist

Hermey the dentist holds a special place in my heart. I’m always a fan of the underdog, don’t fit in person!

rudolph blanket

I keep nice and toasty under this Rudolph and Clarice afghan.

Rudolph Characters

I have lots of the characters from the movie all tucked around at Christmas time. :love: I can probably recite the whole movie word for word. My friend Tori of Hollywoodland lets me know each year when Rudolph is coming on TV. And reminds me the day of the show too…as if I’d forget!

rudoph the red nosed reindeer

These are my favorite of the stuffed characters. They sit on my mantle each year. Of course, when the boys are home they “rearrange” the characters into, um, interesting–yes, that’s the word–positions… :roll: Boys! :mad2:

The boys have been known to run screaming from the room when the Rudolph movie comes on each year. :shock: I have no idea why… :grin: Oh, and I know all the words to the songs too. I know the Jack-in-the-box’s name is Charlie. That’s why he’s on the Island of Misfit Toys. I know what scenes they’ve cut and changed over the years. I know it first aired on TV in 1964. I was, well, young that year… The Bumble—the Abominable Snow Monster scared the crud out of me when I was little! I mean I was terrified of him!

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer clock

It’s always Rudolph time at our house! (join me tonight! Channel CBS at 7pm central time! Be there, or be square!!)

So what is your favorite holiday movie??

Jacque Ruch December 3, 2008 at 7:54 am

I love your Rudolph collection! Very unique…I don’t really have a favorite movie, but if I had to chose I’d say Frosty the Snowman :) I love the creator of those cartoons. Of course we could only watch them once a year when I was little, but now since we ‘own’ them, my kids grew up watching them on 90 degree summer days any time they wanted ! :grin:

Amy December 3, 2008 at 7:58 am

How cool … and very sweet. I’m sure your collection brings out the child in you. I always covered my eyes when the Abominable Snowman appeared. He scared me, too!

Gayle December 3, 2008 at 9:03 am

So, I don’t have to feel embarrassed if I watch this and my kids have no interest? Yes! I love all of the Christmas shows, especially the old ones.

Your Rudolph collection is great!

Mental P Mama December 3, 2008 at 9:47 am

Oh dear. I do think this is an obsession. Although I do like it too. I like it when Donner tries to put mud on his nose. Poor baby. My favorite is Charlie Brown Christmas. :lol:

Treasia/TruckersWife December 3, 2008 at 9:48 am

What pretty stuffed Rudolph’s you have. All the animal characters are neat. I love that movie as well. I have tried more than one time to get the step kids to watch it with me and they just roll there eyes and refuse to watch it. :sad: I know if they would just one time they too would be hooked.

My favorite movie (as well as the music) at Christmas is “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”. This movie brings back so many memories for me each year. The first time we watched it was the year it came out and we were at my parents house. A family night with only us adult kids there. :mrgreen: We all laughed till we had tears coming down our faces. It was so good to see my dad and mom laughing together like that.

Dru December 3, 2008 at 10:44 am

My all time favorites are Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, How THe Grinch Stole Christmas and Miracle on 34th Street.

Flea December 3, 2008 at 11:00 am

Oh what fun! I loved the snow monster! But my favorite Christmas movie from childhood was the one about Santa becoming Santa and getting his name. It’s been a million years since I’ve seen it.

Connie December 3, 2008 at 11:55 am

Your collection is definately the first one I’ve ever seen. How can you not love Rudolph?? Our kids are out of the house and my husband and I will still sit and watch it tonight. Rudloph is my favorite holiday animation, and my favorite movie is “It’s a Wonderful Life” I love the fashions, the decor, the old house, oh yeah and the story too. That ?#$% Mr. Potter!

Kacey December 3, 2008 at 12:00 pm

Oh, yes! Mental Mama! That mean Donner putting mud on is nose so poor Rudolph talks funny. The meany.

Connie, I love It’s a Wonderful Life too! Mr. Potter is a meanie just like Donner!!

iPost December 3, 2008 at 12:30 pm

*Ugh* Loved it as a kid…can’t sit still long enough as an adult. :frown: I am sure my kids will have it on in the background!

Tori Lennox December 3, 2008 at 3:40 pm

I love your Rudolph collection! You have the coolest stuff. :)

And you can bet I’ll be watching tonight even if I did forget to mention it on my blog. *g*

Suzanne December 3, 2008 at 3:58 pm

I love that movie! I love all your cool Rudoph stuff, too!

Deb December 3, 2008 at 8:35 pm

I don’t know anyone who collects Rudolphs…I commend you on your uniqueness. My favorite holiday movie …there are many…Home Alone…Christmas VAcation….are musts every year.

Maria December 3, 2008 at 11:07 pm

Thank you for sharing these delightful photos and I can’t think of a favorite Xmas movie, but Miracle on 34th St. comes to mind.

I have a daughter who collects Winnie the Pooh and other Disney characters. I love her the way she decorates using these favorites each Christmas.

Kelly Boyce December 4, 2008 at 10:27 am

My favorite holiday movies are Love Actually and The Holiday. I watch them on Xmas Eve.

Kate December 4, 2008 at 1:30 pm

Oh, my. And I thought I had addictions! ha!

My fave is the same as the commenter above, which is funny. It’s Love Actually. I like a lot more movies, and have always loved The Family Man with Nic Cage and Tea Leoni, too. Classic.

Jeannelle December 4, 2008 at 3:42 pm

Great collection of Rudolph mementos. My video-era children have little comprehension for the days when we could watch our favorite movies only once a year, if even that. I could hardly wait for Rudolph to show up every year!

My fave……not original……”Its A Wonderful Life”, because it is, and because I adore James Stewart.