I found one! I found one!

by Kay~Kacey on 12/9/2008

Remember when I wrote this post …about my haunting antique stores for another hand? Well, not a REAL hand, of course. Don’t be silly! A porcelain hand.

I found another one!!

second porcelain hand

I found a second ceramic hand! I’ve been looking for a couple of years for this!! SuperGuy and I were out avoiding Christmas shopping antiquing. We found this hand!! It was marked NOT FOR SALE. :wallbash: SuperGuy called one of the workers over and they called the owner of the booth and she said she WOULD sell it to us. For $15. (I need a jump up and down in excitement smilie!) Someone is going to get a nice Christmas present this year!! :secret: Oh, big hint here…the Antique Malls are so not crowded in December like the Real Live Retail Malls are. So not as scary! :shock:

As an aside (there nearly always is one, isn’t there?) WHY do people put things in a booth at antique malls and then mark them NOT FOR SALE? I mean, why bother?? It’s one of those things that annoys the heck out of me, way out of proportion to how much it should bother me. Kind of like people at the grocery store who leave their cart in the middle of the isle, stand beside it, and no one can get around them…that drives me insane too. Such a little thing. So annoying.

Sorry, I digressed a bit there. Anyway, it’s all in the hunt for antiquing! I love the hunt. Never knowing what you might find. You’ll never BELIEVE what we found for bed tables at The Love Nest :love: But I can’t show you yet, ’cause SuperGuy is prettying them up with some kind of magic Swedish oil or something. I don’t know, I just know he makes old furniture look beautiful!

Anyway, back to the hand…

closeup of ceramic hand

I love the flowery, curly goodness of the details on these hands. I still want one more to give as a present though. Wonder if it will take me another 2 years or so?

Debra Rector December 9, 2008 at 5:46 am

I have to hand it to you, Kacey, you have more patience than I do. I would love to stroll through antique stores looking for treasures, but my grandchildren are quite a handful. Can’t wait for photos of your new bed tables. Super Guy is quite handy (handsome too!).

Oh! Congrats on locating your porcelain hand. I can tell you’re quite excited after a two-year search. Makes me want to do a hand spring for you!

Suzanne December 9, 2008 at 7:07 am

I think the porcelain hands are scary, LOL.

Flea December 9, 2008 at 7:36 am

They’re very cool, Kacey, but I still want a hanging monkey. :smile:

Tori Lennox December 9, 2008 at 10:24 am

I’m with Suzanne. :mrgreen: I think they’re kind of creepy.

TSannie December 9, 2008 at 11:49 am

I also love love love the hunt! It’s always so thrilling when you find what you’re looking for. Can’t wait to see the furniture. SG does such a wonderful job restoring things.

mary December 9, 2008 at 6:44 pm

Wow, how neat is that?! Love the hunt, love the hand. Can’t wait to see the tables. Antiques malls are SO much better than shopping malls. Any time of the year. ;)
xoxo,
Mary

Sandra December 9, 2008 at 11:38 pm

When I lived in our old Victorian farmhouse, I had a collection of old handkerchiefs, so I started collecting antique hands to use to display them. It was fun to look for hands whenever I was at an antique store. I have to say, that I never saw one like the two you have. But, I guess that shouldn’t surprise me, because I was amazed at how many different ones there were! Collections are fun.