A Typical Night at The Love Nest

by Kay~Kacey on 12/18/2008

No, it’s not what you think!

We’re still trying to decorate The Love Nest. I decided that “we” wanted a corner baker’s rack for in the dining room. What could SuperGuy do but agree?? (We’ve both learned that if one of us wants something, and the other one doesn’t have strong feelings against it…it’s just better to go with the flow. You know?)

Of course I picked out one that had to be put together. :wink: So “we” decided it needed to be put together RIGHT NOW.

reading directions

Normally I’m the put together person. I think I’m a closet engineer or something. Anyway, these directions made my eyes cross :crazy2: so SuperGuy took a turn with them. Who knew a male could actually read instructions??? Isn’t that against some kind of male code or something? :mrgreen: :lol: :wink:

martini help

Once again I helped in my own martini way. Similar to when we hung the mirror. This time SuperGuy didn’t use quite so many tools. Because, as the box said, it comes with all the tools you’ll need. Yes, well, except for a phillips screw driver. :roll: Luckily, SuperGuy had one of those in his bag of tricks toolbox. He’s handy like that. Honestly, I think he’s secretly enjoying building up yet ANOTHER toolbox at The Love Nest. An excuse to go to the toy store the hardware store. Often.

Finally, after all my helpful suggestions we got the baker’s rack put together.

bakers rack

SuperGuy is going to make some mahogany shelves for it since I’m not thrilled with the skimpy wire shelves. Won’t that tie in nicely to the mahogany gate legged table?

It looks a little lonely there, don’t you think?? Sigh. I guess I’ll just HAVE to fill it up with some new milk glass. Darn.

Debra Rector December 18, 2008 at 6:18 am

I am missing a chromosome when it comes to assembling items. Apparently, Doughboy is equally deficient. Don’t get me wrong…he really tries. But we invariably end up with “extra” parts…lots of them. Hmmm…shouldn’t they have gone somwhere???

The Love Nest is shaping up nicely. The baker’s rack is a homey addition…but it does look a little lonely. I sense a shopping expedition is in your immediate future. Please do share photos of your acquisitions…

Suzanne December 18, 2008 at 7:26 am

That is really pretty! (I would NEVER try to put it together, LOL)

Mental P Mama December 18, 2008 at 10:06 am

I like it! And the mahogany shelves will be beautiful. Is that his uniform for assembling and hanging stuff? By the way, I think your martini looked pretty good, too. :blah:

Deb December 18, 2008 at 10:39 am

I am not, never have been, the put together person. Can’t do it. But I am the one who reads the directions when hubby gets stuck.

Tori Lennox December 18, 2008 at 12:17 pm

That’s a really cute baker’s rack! And, yes, mahogany shelves would look perfect on it!

Kacey December 18, 2008 at 12:20 pm

MPM, well, now that you mention it…jammie pants seem to be the attire for The Love Nest. You know, except when we’re having all those formal dinner parties … :wink:

iPost December 18, 2008 at 4:44 pm

I hate it when things are lonely…better hurry up with the milk glass! :love:

mary December 18, 2008 at 5:28 pm

Everything looks better with milk glass. ;)
xoxo,
Mary

ellen b December 18, 2008 at 7:31 pm

You are a helper after my own heart. I generally watch and encourage with a gin and tonic in my hand…

Meridith Moore December 18, 2008 at 8:29 pm

I just found your blog and have to laugh. A few years ago I told my son (21 at the time) that my computer had died and I was buying a new one. He asked if he could have the dead one. After he took it he called me up laughing, when he and a friend had pulled out the hard drive they found it filled with a liquid, he figured out it was white wine!

Chere December 18, 2008 at 8:57 pm

I am normally the put together person in our house hold. If my Honey does it I have to listen to the numerouse comments abouth the item I purchased. I love the bakers rack. Your Honey seem to do a great job. A drink was called for.