Cow Tree

by Kay~Kacey on 12/23/2008

A cow tree? Okay, you’re thinking “what the heck is Kacey talking about.” Seriously, I can hear you thinking that!

Well, I showed you some of our ornaments…but I didn’t get into our fascination with cow ornaments…

singing cow ornament

Our family has a thing about cows… among other strange traditions. Okay, that’s another long story for a different post…but we do indulge our addiction just a bit with our Christmas ornaments. I think this guy actually sang or mooed at one time…

cow scrubby ornament

A Christmas Cow scrubby ornament. Who knew? Betcha you don’t have one of those!

farmer cow ornament

This cute little farmer-cow-bell (multipurpose everything!) ornament. We have more cow ornaments, but you get the picture.

cow christmas lights

We even have a strand of cow Christmas lights! Yes, not everyone can claim they have those on their tree!

We have just a few strange traditions regarding our tree that have evolved over the years…like this one:

Christmas star

Our Christmas star…always tilted at a crazy angle. That then got a Jack-in-the-box ornament hung from him the next year…and every year after. That then got the Integra emblem and key from The Geeky One’s first car….that The Impish One totalled a few years ago… :shock: (He was okay, it’s all good) Who knows what will get added to the star as the years go by…

That cute little Christmas dolly used to be at the top of our tree. Sigh. Those days are long gone.

Kate December 23, 2008 at 7:46 am

Always interesting during my daily stop here, Kacey. I don’t even know what to say about this latest revelation. :crazy2:

iPost December 23, 2008 at 8:56 am

Wow. That is all i can say. :shock:

Kacey December 23, 2008 at 9:08 am

Honestly, you guys know me by now. This isn’t really that unusual for our family, now is it?? :coffee2:

TSannie December 23, 2008 at 9:08 am

Moo!

Have a wonderful Christmas, my friend! May it be filled with warmth, love, laughter and many blessings:!:

Mental P Mama December 23, 2008 at 9:34 am

I think Flea’s Fred and Bessie need to come visit.

Tori Lennox December 23, 2008 at 12:25 pm

Oh, man, I want cow lights!!!!

Amy A December 23, 2008 at 1:45 pm

I used to collect cow things. It was one of those family traditions that got out of hand, though, so I had to put a stop to it.

But I LOVE your cow ornaments.

Deb December 23, 2008 at 7:30 pm

Cows…monkeys…what other lovable quirks do you possess?

Gayle December 23, 2008 at 10:11 pm

Oh! I have the singing cow in the first photo! He/she moos “Deck The Halls!”

Chere December 23, 2008 at 10:53 pm

Love the little cow bell. She is so cute. I collect ornaments from all the places we travel. Collecting is fun. Love the cow lights. Family trees are great for families to look back over Christmas past. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Flea December 24, 2008 at 1:40 am

You totally rock! Fred and Bessie would love it! I’d love for them to visit you, but am afraid it would be like a bad episode of Hotel California. :grin:

This is F&B’s favorite gift to give this season, doncha know.

Deserthen December 24, 2008 at 1:04 pm

Love your cow tree…..and the story of your star on top of your tree…thats great….=D