When a Man Does a Chore-Part Two

by Kay~Kacey on 1/4/2009

Males are strange creatures. No, really. Would I lie about something like that? Of course not.

So SuperGuy waits until the last night that the boys are in town to repair the ONE SECTION of broken fence. Yes, I said NIGHT. Not day. Night. :roll:

This one section of fence fell down in the high winds a few weeks ago.

fallen fence

So they decide that 10, count ‘em, TEN sections of fencing need to be replaced. Cause, you know, when a man does a chore he gets a bit sidetracked. Always.

They decide to start putting them up after dark… :mad2:

night fence repair

Because, you know, it would make too much sense to do this job in the daylight?? :crazy2:

new fence

And, no, they didn’t start with the BROKEN section, why do you ask?? I’m not sure the actual broken section will get replaced. You know, until SuperGuy has time to do it himself. Possibly during daylight hours… :roll:

I’m thinking the subject line of this blog post could be used many, many more times. Part Three. Part four. Etc.

I just do not understand males…

Dru January 4, 2009 at 7:01 am

Do we really want to understand them? It’s just much fun to enjoy the ride.

Becky January 4, 2009 at 9:32 am

They have a method to their madness. Even though we don’t understand it. Atleast that’s what I’m always told.

Amy January 4, 2009 at 9:50 am

I agree with Becky. I think there’s a method to their madness, but I don’t think we’ll ever understand them!

Gayle January 4, 2009 at 10:28 am

I don’t understand them either, but life would be so boring without them!

mary January 4, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Do you remember the characters Daryl and Daryl, from the Bob Newhart Show? The one set in Vermont? Here is my all-time favorite quote. They were talking about women, but I’ll change the gender for your situation:

“Men — cain’t live with ‘em, cain’t stuff ‘em in a sack…”

I think that probably says it all.
xoxo,
Mary

Mental P Mama January 4, 2009 at 1:15 pm

LOL. The whole time I read this, I kept hearing that grunting noise Tim the tool man Taylor made;)

Kate January 4, 2009 at 3:32 pm

I am grunting like Tim the Tool Man right now on this post. Can you hear me?

Funny!

Katie January 4, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Kacey, thank you for your offer on Kate’s blog to stop by and leave comments.

I am just getting started and the writing is pouring out of me (just gushing about decisions right now, but hopefully better as I go) and I haven’t even STARTED to learn photos and formatting…but Kate’s blog is so wonderful and I’ve enjoyed it since summer, and was just flabbergasted to hear that she’s only been doing it a year.

So I got brave and started, like, that day.

I haven’t worked up the courage to show it to Kate yet but I’ll get there. I am not sure it’s a good idea to encourage anyone to come yet, it’s so raw.

But I appreciate your offer SO much so I wanted to accept it.

warmly,