This Year’s Hanging Monkey

by Kay~Kacey on 1/9/2009

This year’s Hanging Monkey…

….is a duck!

hanging stuffed animals

I explained the start of our hanging monkey tradition here. My mom gets them for the boys’ stockings every year. We have quite the assortment of animals.

hanging ducks

I now have them hanging all around my house. Their magnetic feet stick to the metal corners on the drywall. I also seem to have one extra duck this year. I think one of my nephews must be missing his…

press here

The boys’ favorite part of this year’s hanging “monkey”? The press here button! And if I’m REALLY lucky they press all 5 buttons at at the same time so I can have a symphony of quacking going on all at once. How special! :crazy2: Ah, the holiday traditions in this house!

Becky January 9, 2009 at 6:13 am

Sounds like they can be annoying. But so much fun at the same time!

Kate January 9, 2009 at 6:30 am

You’ve got a barrel full of traditions, dontcha?

:coffee2: Ha!

iPost January 9, 2009 at 8:15 am

After all of the monkeys you have it was inevitable that you would have to switch to another animal! They are very cute ;0)

Gayle January 9, 2009 at 8:24 am

You do have some strange traditions! All that quacking must be really relaxing, right?

Mental P Mama January 9, 2009 at 8:26 am

Quack.

Deb January 9, 2009 at 9:21 am

Last year when we travelled the US in our RV, we, of course, stop at Fly J centers to fill up gas and get other essentials. Fly J’s promotion was hanging monkeys from every state. I suppose you missed that…would have really rounded out your collection!

Suzanne January 9, 2009 at 2:22 pm

The ducks are cuter than the monkeys!

TSannie January 9, 2009 at 2:33 pm

NEVER thought of the metal in the drywall corners! Love that ducky-monkey arrangement. Traditions are the very best!

Flea January 9, 2009 at 6:28 pm

What fun! I bought a little monkey just today in a museum gift shop. A little sock monkey key chain! While there I thought of you – there was a pink glass hand for sale. :)